Mixing Plecos?

tom130691

Fishaholic
Reaction score
as above seen golden nugget plec's in my local pets at home for £30

i realy want one and have done a while now, but as it stand i have a 20 litre and 60 litre, the 60litre has a bn plec that is around 2years old

can i add this other plec to the any of these tanks for the time being, i know these tanks are not realy big enough, but this is defiantly temporarily i was intending to get 120 litre tank this month but bumped my car, which happend to use the money i had for the tank :mad:

so this plec will be in one of these too tanks for 2-3 weeks at worst depending on if the bn is aggressive/territorial?

are they likely to be aggresive and is £30 a good price?

cheers

mixing plecs can be done wth the right species and sufficient space / territories . altho none of the tanks you list would be big enough imho . depending on which species of bugget it is you could be looking potentially at a 12"+ plec . gn's can be territorial towards other bottom dwellers too .

mixing plecs can be done wth the right species and sufficient space / territories . altho none of the tanks you list would be big enough imho . depending on which species of bugget it is you could be looking potentially at a 12"+ plec . gn's can be territorial towards other bottom dwellers too .

cant remember the L number but max size was 15cm from memory, so the 60litre is only bigger enough for on or the other, but this would be temporarily and goldens are slow growers, not that it will grow much in that time frame anyway

the BN doesnt move much anyway spend 90% under a large bit of bog wood there is also plants and a coconut cave so a few hiding places

Neither tank is big enough as Mark has already said :no:

You say it would only be temporary yet you`ve already experienced that the best laid pans can go tits up, you could plan to get another tank and what happens when something else goes wrong? It`s the plecs that suffer because they don`t have enough room to thrive properly. If you want a GN so badly then I would advise you to be responsible and get your bigger tank first and then buy the plec, it`s the fair and right route to take imo :/

You say it would only be temporary yet you`ve already experienced that the best laid pans can go tits up, you could plan to get another tank and what happens when something else goes wrong? It`s the plecs that suffer because they don`t have enough room to thrive properly. If you want a GN so badly then I would advise you to be responsible and get your bigger tank first and then buy the plec, it`s the fair and right route to take imo :/

i know i shouldnt but its the first time they have been in the shop not a bad price,
think i will nagg the misses to buy me the bigger tank this week :p

then i would still have the plec in one of the others for a week or two while it cycles, im not going to kill a £30 fish :/

i understand that youve seen a nice fish and the old "i want" part of your brain is in overdrive , but you really would be best advised to buy fish for the tanks youve got rather than hope to get . GN's arent exactly rare you will easily find them again in the future .

i know i shouldnt but its the first time they have been in the shop not a bad price,
think i will nagg the misses to buy me the bigger tank this week :p

then i would still have the plec in one of the others for a week or two while it cycles, im not going to kill a £30 fish :/

I don`t really see the point in asking for advice when you were always going to do what you wanted anyway :rolleyes:

the simple answer is no they will not , and the fact that you simply havent got enough space is the major contributing factor .

the question was will tese plecs get on not is my tank big enough

I had a small common pleco and a small golden nugget in a 55g (240L) and they was constantly at each other. You're on about putting them in a tank alot smaller then this too, you'll end up with a dead plec imo - more then likely the golden nugget as they're more sensitive?

Most reactions

Back