Mixed Plant Box's

BigbruiserAl

I ain't gettin on no plane fool
Reaction score
I realise this might need to go into the plant section but thought it not plant specific...anyway.

Looking for plants for my 240l i went on the site choose 10-15 looked at the charge £50+ fine. They also have the mixed boxs which i guess are luckey dip for £90 all in. The plants look to notch, would rather pay then get fle bay ones that dies in a month. Should i get the plants that i really want or am i nuts for spending £90 on a mixed selction?

I realise this might need to go into the plant section but thought it not plant specific...anyway.

Looking for plants for my 240l i went on the site choose 10-15 looked at the charge £50+ fine. They also have the mixed boxs which i guess are luckey dip for £90 all in. The plants look to notch, would rather pay then get fle bay ones that dies in a month. Should i get the plants that i really want or am i nuts for spending £90 on a mixed selction?

How many plants are you after and what type?

Places like lasttradingpost on ebay do packs with loads of plants for a LOT cheaper than that. You don't get a say in which plants, but they arrive in good quality. There's also a company advertised in PFK, don't know their name, but it lists the plants you will receive in these bundles. Lots cheaper also

problem with flea bay is some plants they sell are not aqutic and end up dying unless you know what your looking for (been there done it)
Plants im looking at

Echinodorus Amazonicus
Heteranthra Zosttfolia
Aquatler Bobitus Heudelotii
Jave moss

Exuse spelling doing from memory

problem with flea bay is some plants they sell are not aqutic and end up dying unless you know what your looking for (been there done it)
Plants im looking at

Echinodorus Amazonicus
Heteranthra Zosttfolia
Aquatler Bobitus Heudelotii
Jave moss

Exuse spelling doing from memory

The ones I got were all aquatic. Only got the swords in my pack though.

It just gets expensive if you buy individual plants from shops

I got the mixed pack from AE, and to be honest, even though the plants were fine, you get a selection that normally needs bumping up anyway.

Just find a few plants you like and buy groups of those. Otherwise you end up with like 2 of this and 3 of that on about 10 different plants. Your aquarium won't look as good.

Hi,

Same principle as normal gardening, don't do it all at once.

This is what I did; substraight under gravel, with pockets of sand (for Khulis), bogwood + a few rocks on top. Then over a period of 3 months I bought one of each plant that I wanted from 3 LFS that have specalist plant sections (not just a poor glass cube of decay in a corner). This gave me in season plants and a choice of the best examples (find out when they have fresh deliveries). Both bunched and potted plants can be opened up and divided from day one if good examples are purchased. A good example are my swords, one bunch (£3) from my LFS was 6 plants which gave me a stunning group of swords from day one.

The result, after 3 months everything has doubled in size, and I also have 12 cuttings all going strong and my tank is full of different greens/forms/and habitat. Total spend with a few expensive plants to came in at £40. Note I could have done much cheaper without the expensive plants.

Hope this helps.

Best.

George
P.S. My tank is 275L with Christmas Moss wall

Personaly i would choose your plants. In a mix pack you will get like 5x one and 10x another. Then you would prob think there isnt enough of each group or too many dif plant types. Also when i looked at the list one site had for a mix i googled and half i didnt like the look of. Better if you know you like what you get!

For me Last Trading Post on ebay was terrific. I got a pack from there which was all aquatic plants and also suitable for a low light tank. I used the mix of these plants for the bulk of plant mass then added a couple more rare plants which I wanted but weren't included.

This is my older setup with a 50 plant pack from lasttradingpost, no other plants included (I have since redone all my plants due to algae)

Most reactions

Back