zuulan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

Due to some deaths over the years I now have

1 Sterbai Cory
2 Albino Cories &
1 Bronze Cory

I know Cories should be in a shoal but will my Cories be ok as they are? Or do they need to be together with the same type of cories?

i.e. should I buy more Sterbai's? Now that he's on his own I rarely see him. :(

Hi

Due to some deaths over the years I now have

1 Sterbai Cory
2 Albino Cories &
1 Bronze Cory

I know Cories should be in a shoal but will my Cories be ok as they are? Or do they need to be together with the same type of cories?

i.e. should I buy more Sterbai's? Now that he's on his own I rarely see him. :(

I think they should be ok, I just added three baby pandas to my shoal of 5 juvenile peppers and the older ones seem to have taken them under their wings so to speak. :lol:

they will get on fine in one of my tanks i have 2 bronze 2 peppered and 2 pandas they get on great

they will get on fine in one of my tanks i have 2 bronze 2 peppered and 2 pandas they get on great

But are they happy enough? Might buy some more so there's are least 2 of each.

C. sterbai are very social. I have a group of over 24 and they are together all the time. They also are spawning for me regularly.

Im guessing the Albinos and Bronze you have are both these same species (C. aeneus). If the albinos are C. aeneus, they are the same, they just look different. These, as well as all Corydoras species are very social. If you have room in your tank, it might be a good idea to add to each species :good:

The only problem I see is the C. sterbai like warmer water.

Thanks, I've added 3 more Sterbai, making it 4 now.

Only seeing 3 of them swimming together. Can't tell if the original one is the one being left out. :look:

For many species of cory, 4 is the bare minimum recommended by most corykeepers. Many people on here, including me, have suggested on all kinds of other threads that, for you to see the most natural behavior, it's best to keep cories in shoals of 5+

This also helps with stress and increases your odds of have males and females if you want fry :)

Every time I have added new cories, I've noticed it take some time for them to shoal with the original ones in the tank. Give them a few days, they'll come around. And they may be shoaling, just not all the time, my oldest cory loved to just sit alone in his little house and sometimes he swim around the tank with the others.

For many species of cory, 4 is the bare minimum recommended by most corykeepers. Many people on here, including me, have suggested on all kinds of other threads that, for you to see the most natural behavior, it's best to keep cories in shoals of 5+

Thanks I have seen all 4 swim together now, but usually it's just the 3. I'm guessing the 3 new ones.

When you say they should be in shoals of 5+, do you mean 5 of the same type or just any 5 corys?

Most reactions

Back