Missing Cory Catfish disappeared, Found!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MaryOski

Reaction score
Hi my name is Mary. I came to this forum to see if others had fish, in my case a Emerald Cory Catfish disappear. Twice I've "lost" Cory's mysteriously, and never found.

Last night was different. I had just cleaned my tank yesterday and 1 of 3 Cory's vanished. I searched the ornament and shook the plants. Searched the area around the tank. Checked the filter etc. No Catfish.

After a few hours I again went and searched. This time I took out the ornament pictured and shook it vigorously. Out dropped the Cory, and he was alive!! He was stuck. Now I KNOW where other lost Cory's went, but they were not found. THIS ITEM IS BAD!

Hi my name is Mary. I came to this forum to see if others had fish, in my case a Emerald Cory Catfish disappear. Twice I've "lost" Cory's mysteriously, and never found.

Last night was different. I had just cleaned my tank yesterday and 1 of 3 Cory's vanished. I searched the ornament and shook the plants. Searched the area around the tank. Checked the filter etc. No Catfish.

After a few hours I again went and searched. This time I took out the ornament pictured and shook it vigorously. Out dropped the Cory, and he was alive!! He was stuck. Now I KNOW where other lost Cory's went, but they were not found. THIS ITEM IS BAD!

Attachments

• 20210219_221445.jpg
    20210219_221445.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 238
Very luck he is still alive. I recommend you remove that immediately, to reduce future harm.
I immediately removed that ornament and plan to bring it into Petco to let them know it is a death trap to fish, especially bottom feeders.

I immediately removed that ornament and plan to bring it into Petco to let them know it is a death trap to fish, especially bottom feeders.
Ok, good. They should give you a refund, although I doubt they will care about it being a death trap. :/

Welcome to the forum.

You can let them know about the ornament, but nothing will be done about it...glad you found your cory.

Welcome to the forum.

You can let them know about the ornament, but nothing will be done about it...glad you found your cory.
I don't expect them too, or expect a refund. Im not even sure where it came from since I inherited this tank from my daughter when she moved haha. I just want them to know it's not safe

I don't expect them too, or expect a refund. Im not even sure where it came from since I inherited this tank from my daughter when she moved haha. I just want them to know it's not safe
Yeah, it's a good idea to inspect ALL deco we have in our tanks, to see possible traps or obstacles that can harm or subdue our critters...

Yeah, it's a good idea to inspect ALL deco we have in our tanks, to see possible traps or obstacles that can harm or subdue our critters...
Or any sharp corner/rough edges for fish with long fins. :) (Betta, Guppies, Goldfish, etc.)

Most reactions

Back