Miss Wiggle And Big Ian's First Marine Tank!

Love the tank you two. Question what kind of blennie is that, i want one for mine!
Also nice specimen of an Elibi fantastic blue on the tail.

which one, we've a flame tail blenny and a tail spot blenny.

he's a gorgeous specimin isn't he. we really weren't meant to be spending any money on fish or pretty stuff for the tank that weekend but we just couldn't resist him. :blush: those pics don't really do him justice though, he wouldn't pose, I'll try and get some better ones soon.

Tail spot blenny, very nice. Thats now going in my tank!

Yer plz do get some more pics thgh.

well i'm sad to report that Tsar Eibli has gone the way of so many leaders before him. i think the power must have gone to his head, he's decided the resident acropora race are not worthy of being in his community and is taking measures to wipe them out. Thankfully the UN are stepping in tonight, he's going back to the lfs.

gutted :-(

Wow. I'm just agog! :blink: Before I came to this forum I never realized that it was possible to have living coral in a fish tank! Now I have something to aspire too... :drool: If only I had a house and not an apartment! :lol:
It's just beautiful Miss Wiggle!

Wow. I'm just agog! :blink: Before I came to this forum I never realized that it was possible to have living coral in a fish tank! Now I have something to aspire too... :drool: If only I had a house and not an apartment! :lol:
It's just beautiful Miss Wiggle!

awww thankyou Phaedra :blush:

ummm we've spent 3 months ploughing every penny and spare minute we've got into doing up the bathroom. so tanks just ticking over at the moment really. thankfully we now have the last coat of paint on the skirting and archetrave to do, then a massive clean up and we're all done. :D :D (that is unless i'm wrong about why no hot water came out of the shower this morning, i think the isolator tap's not been turned back on so Ian's gotta take off the bath panel tonight and turn it on)

possibly gonna be replacing the tank with another one the exact same size but pre-drilled. worked it out and by the time we've bought everything we need to drill the tank to hook the sump up and to keep the corals and fishies alive for a day or so while all the silicone sets we may as well have just bought a new tank and have the hassle taken out of it. So we may well do that and get the sump hooked up soonish.

sadly lost Mr Grumpy the firefish a few months back, the skimmer got knocked onto the lowest setting and we didn't realise, at this point we had no working shower/bath at home and Oscar was poorly, everything was really manic so i didn't get a chance to inspect the tank properly, then mr grumpy died suddenly, looked at the tank and sussed the problem, all been fine since.

lwe're keeping half an eye out for a new fish to replace him, saw a beautiful black clown in an lfs this weekend, one of the other fish in teh tank lookde unwell so we didn't get him but i think we may try to source another. he was lovely :wub:

Sorry to hear about Mr Grumpy, but at least the bathroom's done and a sump is on the way :D

yeah, we've had the tank for the sump and the pump for a few months now, just not had the time or money to get it all sorted out yet.

tragic thing is we've barely finished the bathroom and Ian spent last night pricing up everything for the bedroom, 1 room down 5/6 (depending if we get our loft converted) to go :-( :/

god it's nearly 8 months we've had this tank..... doesn't time fly

so i have just read this and was wondering if the eiblis angelfish is mean to corals as i really like him. is he reef safe

so i have just read this and was wondering if the eiblis angelfish is mean to corals as i really like him. is he reef safe

they are not all reef safe, it's down to the individual fish in question more than the species IMO

we keep plenty of algae/seaweed in the tank for him to nibble on so he's never hungry, he has the odd little nibble on the corals but has never done any harm.

Most reactions

Back