Minimum No Of Mollies

bzeng21

Reaction score
hi, just wanna add a few mollies in my tank which now has already a few neons and guppies and other fishes. but i don twanna get too many as its already getting crowded in the tank so whats the minimum number of mollies to get?

thanks

how crowded is crowded.... how many gallon is ur tank and wots the stocking already?

um i've got a 50 litre tank with
10 neons
5 guppies
1 fighter
1 catfish bristlenose
3 panda cory

i would say that is full m8. becuase if you got a male you would have to get at least 2 females. so if you got anything get 2 females, but i think youre tank is fully stocked! get a bigger one now m8!!!!!! :hyper:

yeah i know its bout at its limit already but if two can survive(eg neons needs like 6 or more) then i'll prob push it a lil bit more and get 2 more black balloon mollies. they're the smaller variants of mollies so ....

hehe im still a uni student so tight on cash and time. when i have the money i'll prob get a large tank and start on marine fish

Be aware that you are already stocking 2.2"/g. If you have a good enough filter and want to take the risk then it's entirely up to you.

Just don't post in the emergency section wondering why you lost 1/2 your tank when you forget a waterchange / get a powercut etc.

yep there is a risk i know.

lots of people say the ROT is 1inch per g. however for those experienced hobbist out there, does 2 neons count as 2'' which is the equivalent as a gouramis length.

thanks

No one else has mentioned this, so I will :)

You shouldnt really have the fighter in with guppies or neons. The betta may see the guppies as competition as they have long flowing fins and could well attack them - the neons being tetras are fin nippers and can nip at his fins - you on occassion get very placid bettas, however some may seem quite happy with the set up and turn quite suddenley and attack anything they see - just a small warning :)

I would not add anymore fish to that set up but its your decision.

Most reactions

Back