Middle Swimming Fish

Rhykiru

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, i have a 20 gallon long tank that i want to make is a community. My choice of fish so far is pearl gouramis for top swimming, and corydoras trilineatus (sp?)
But, i also want some fish for the middle region.

Any thoughts on fish? i want my pearls to be the "centerpiece" so nothing bigger then their size xD. Also, please no neons since i already have a tank for them ._.

hm, now that you reminded me of danios, i remember longfinned leopard danios that caught my eye o.0
But i thought that danios were to active to be placed in a 20 gallon tank.

also, i have never seen pencil fish before at my lfs, the closest thing to it is a cherry barb :eek:

You could have 6-8 Zebra Danios in a 20 gallon, espcially since its a long 20 gallon. Actually now that you bring it up Cherry Barbs are a good choice, but I do find that they tend to be a bottom dweller most of the time.

hm, i dont know if that have that at my lfs either BigC they look pretty though :(

i think that i might be sticking with leopard/zebra danios. I have one more question, i heard that danios are shoaling fish but will 4 zebra danios and 4 leopard danios swim with each other or just stay in their own groups?

In my experience they will both shoal together. So will long finned and short finned varities.

hm, i dont know if that have that at my lfs either BigC they look pretty though :(

i think that i might be sticking with leopard/zebra danios. I have one more question, i heard that danios are shoaling fish but will 4 zebra danios and 4 leopard danios swim with each other or just stay in their own groups?

They should. They are supposedly just color/pattern morphs of the same danion species.

Most reactions

Back