Microscopic White Creepy Crawlies

thebaaah

Reaction score
i inherited a salt water tank from a friend, i got a wet dry filter about 2 weeks ago and now there are all these tiny white spots on the inside of the tank glass. they are alive because they move around but they are to small for me to tell what they are. if anybody has experianced this and can help me figure out what these things are would b awsome. i really just wanna no if they are going to be harmful to the live rock or fish.

They are copepods. They are absolutely safe for saltwater setups. A lot of SW fish eat them as a main diet. If you are going to use the tank for freshwater, I don't imagine they will live long anyway.

Ben

i have things like these in my newly set up freshwater tank. Are they the same things? Are they ok for the tank? or should i remove them in some way??

thanks

i have things like these in my newly set up freshwater tank. Are they the same things? Are they ok for the tank? or should i remove them in some way??

thanks

Same here dude. Noticed them today and don't know what they are. It's a newly set up tank.

I am not sure if they are the same in freshwater. I really don't imagine that they will hurt anything even in freshwater, if thats what they are.

i just want to make sure as i am close to adding fish now (near end of cycle) and dont want to effectively kill them!

anyone know??

Theyre just like little organism thingys like a tiny, white brineshrimp on the glass so I imagine that the fish will eat them for a tastey snack. Just added some 3 month old fry to my tank with the white things so I will let you know how everything goes.

Most reactions

Back