Microbial Disc.

Marsonian

Reaction score
http://www.aquamidas.com/product2.html

Hello there guys, I have been reading your forum for two weeks now and have finally signed up as a member.

I am a total newbie where fish are concerned so please be gentle with me, but I do learn fast lol.

I am cycling my two tanks at the moment and have come across this product on Ebay and on its website and it sounds too good to be true.

It states it will remove ammonia and nitrite and nitrate I would presume but I was wondering would it also remove the good bacteria needed to sustain the tank and keep its natural balance of feeding the plants etc.

I have very nearly purchased the item as I am always looking for shortcuts to perfection lol but from reading the posts you guys leave I realise that you know what you are talking about so I wanted to wait to see what the fish experts say !

I have many other questions for you but wanted to start with this one.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Marsonian. (Seamus)

Hi there, i think i have put this query in the wrong place, sorry if it is a bad thing but i am not used to the forum protocol yet.

Thankyou for your quick reply and for the link but after reading it i am not sure it is the same thing as these discs are like medals/coins that you drop in and leave for the life of the tank, there seems to be no dosage requirement.

FreshaTank uses the same industrial silver as found in drinking water purifiers, hot tub filters and many medical items including burns victims.

FreshaTank is a Microbial product which is placed in a fish tank or waterbutt, the strong microbial action of the 99.9% pure industrial silver destroys fungal, viral, bacterial micro-organisms and parasites in the reproductive stage, this keeps fish healthier, prevents the spread of disease, reduces nitrates and bacteria levels. Ammonia levels are reduced along with phosphates and nitrates due to the reduced levels of bacteria in the water, however Freshatank does not replace the need for usual regular maintenance.

Is there a better place to post this query here so I may get some more replies.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Marsonian(Seamus)

I am afraid I dont know much as I myself am a newbie, but try posting it in the forum tropical discussion.... everyone tends to look on here whereas this is the betta forum so only those who own or like bettas tend to come on here.

Yeah this should probably be in the tropical discussion thread, however, i guess they are good (if they work) for small 'betta' tanks..

Yeah this should probably be in the tropical discussion thread, however, i guess they are good (if they work) for small 'betta' tanks..

Ok sorry if this is a bad thing I will repost it in the thread mentioned once I find it, many thanks for your help guys !

Marsonian(Seamus)

Most reactions

Back