Mice

I have two (pixie & dixie)
they are easy to keep in the correct cage/tank etc
yo need to be able to spend some time with them each day, handling, playing with them.

I would get two or more related mice, preferably femlaes (sisters, mother daughter etc)
as unrelated mice tend to fight a lot. Male mice spray a musk everywhere so it is them that have
made people think that mice smell,the don't.
you should clean out their woodshavings twice a week becuase mice, unlike most other rodents) don't have a specific area that they use as a toilet, they go wherever they are.

you can fed them pretty much anything that dosn't contain salt
but avoid apple pips, as the small amounts of cyanide in them will kill the mice.

Mine love watercress, lettuce, cucumber,apple, banana etc.
fresh fruit and veg should be a staple part of their diet along side the "std" rodent mix yo buy for them.

HTH

Try to get a female as males smell more.

Whatever you do, do NOT be tempted to get 2 males as they WILL fight.

If you want babies, find someone with a male and borrow it, don't buy a male and a female. Very soon you will have billions of them and then you will have to swap them back to the petshop and they sell them for snake food....I had a boy and a girl (Frankie & Johnny) and soon my two, who I wanted to breed the once to raise my own babies, became 124 - after a bad incident where I put one under-endowed male in with my cage of girls and every single one of them had babies before I found him and got him out.

Most reactions

Back