metal halides

how high is it off of your tank? what do you plan on keeping in your tank. the depth of the tank is close to what 28 inches?

tank is 22x22by13x13x13x28 deep am looking for fish corals not sure what kind everyone told me i could not have too much light now have 1 mushroom got 2 weeks ago at bottom of tank came with live rock opens and closes has almost doubled in size got halide ballast $56.canadian pug $6. bulb 10000k $130 could not resist all brand new sorry 16 inches from water canapy is monstrous

try lowering it to about 12 inches from the surface and see if that helps at all. if not you are going to have to build some type of canopy or even a half canopy (just two walls on the front of the tank to block light) and nothing on top of the canopy or back.

it is fully enclosed it just radiates from my tank iv heard halids get weaker with time or may need burn in?

Its true they do ned time to burn in but im afraid that to the naked eye the are seen to change very little indeed. :sad:

I have 400w over my tank and will soon have 800w over the new tank, my eyes are not troubled with tis amount of light. :/

some one has told me to use uv filter glass right now i only have plexi glass between bulb and tank is this imparative and where to get it

very important. halides can give off high UV which will wipe your corals out. a simple bit of this glass will stop it though.

Im not sure where it can be got from.. do you have any electrical lighting wholesalers near you?

yes electric wholesaler is where i got lamp system some what home made very inexpencive when i ask ror uv resistant glass they thought i was nuts well the 10000 k bulb made me seem crazy in there eyes as well

Most reactions

Back