Messing With Polaroid Filter...

Buddyboy67

Fish Herder
Reaction score
From earlier, on here, decided to mess around with exposure settings using a flash and a polarising filter...

IMGP7458.jpg

IMGP7469.jpg

IMGP7460.jpg

IMGP7468.jpg

IMGP7464.jpg

IMGP7465.jpg

IMGP7472.jpg

IMGP7478-1.jpg

only editing done was cropping some of them down..no alterations done to the origionals

That makes a huge difference Bud. Really will have to mess about with mine.

Are you on auto settings or SP, AP etc.

Colour is much better and so much less glare. Flash used as fill in rather to light subject I presume.

Halides had clicked off before I remembered the batteries in the charger so it was for light Tina..try again tomorrow with halides on so as flash isn't bleaching out the true colours. Yep, set on auto pic settings to try the filter first and simply altering the av settings meantime.

Will be interesting to see the difference with the halides on then and possibly with / without flash.

Will get mine out tomorrow and see what gives with the T5 lighting.

Would you believe, that must have been how I got the fluorescent shots shots in the nano, either polarising or UV filter (I have both).

Took some under moonlights, and I have fluorescence. :good:

Here we go bud. S9500 Natural light stteing with Polarising Filter.

LED moonlights on only

2009_0823Reef0001.jpg

2009_0823Reef0004.jpg

2009_0823Reef0005.jpg

2009_0823Reef0006.jpg

2009_0823Reef0008.jpg

2009_0823Reef0013.jpg

2009_0823Reef0015.jpg

Considerable improvement on my Moonlight shots. Will try under actinic tomorrow night.

it looks like you still need to get used to the CP filter. look through the viewfinder and spin the CP filter until the glass is crystal clear. it might move a little while you use it, so re adjust as neccesary. #5 looks like you had it just about perfect.

Ok, you knew i would be asking at some point :lol:

What is a polarising filter, does it come with the camera or do you buy it seperatly?

Seffie x

:fish:

what else do i need to buy for my new camera?

usually you buy it separately. it attaches to the lense and has a rotating outer lense that removes glare from glass and water, it also removes reflection from other surfaces, thus improving color.
there are a lot of other things it does, but besides reducing the f-stop 1 1/2 times, these are the ones that are relevant to the thread.
hope this helps

BA mine is fixed, does not spin. More expensive ones do cheaper ones don't.

I used manual focus, and that is difficult at times, I also never use the viewfinder, hate them.

ive never seen a fixed CP.
is it a p&s or DSLR? (too lazy to pull up the EXIF info for myself. lol)

i do photography professionally, so the viewfinder is really the only option for me. but to each their own i guess.

The Fuji S9500 is a bridging camera with a fixed lense. This is a smalll disc filter 58mm, The only one that will fit, I saw some large ones that had a spinny thing when I ordered mine but will not fit on these cameras. UV filter I have is the same.

I have Ulna Tunnel in both arms, if I use the viewfinder (which is difficult for me to see through wearing contacts) both my arms go numb, hence I drop the camera. Cannot use viewfinder on a tripod either as I cannot bend at all have knackered sacro iliac and facet joints.

Disabled people learn to adapt to how they can do things, this is how I have adapted.

i dont know what any of those cnditions are specifically, but i absolutely understand what youre getting at, and think you are doing very well considering.
does the filter screw on or snap on?
either way, there should be some leve of adustment, even if its not a 2 piece CP

Ulna tunnel is the same as Carpal tunnel but the the other half of the hands, carapal covers the thumbs. Problem with Ulna tunnel is the nerve you hit when you knock your "funny bone" is affected. Where I need to use tripods, such as when on Safari a few yrs ago, I used a bean bag instead rested on the roof of the van or the window sill.

Yes it does screw on, similar to 58mm lens fittings.

I think the easiest thing for me to do is to photograph the filter itself. On removing the filter I have just seen that there is a ring that screws on and a ring that moves with 2 notches inside.

2009_0823Reef0035.jpg

2009_0823Reef0037.jpg

I now have no idea where the notches were when I took those pictures.

EDIT I also took 1800 pictures on sfari with that filter filted, probable will have moved in between them too. One of my next door neighbours who was a professional photographer before retirement told me to get one but failed to show me how to use it it seems.

Most reactions

Back