FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My shrimps died off in my 5 gallon tank. I never had luck keeping shrimp. It looked so empty without any fish or shrimp. It was depressing. So I went to Petco, looked over the 15 or so sad looking Bettas, and selected a young female Koi Betta. I’ve had a couple of Betta in the past that had voluminous finnage such as a Halfmoon Betta.. This time I wanted a Betta with limited fins as I feel they are better able to swim and enjoy life instead of dragging huge fins around.

She is happily investigating her new tank. I gave her 4 pellets as a welcome feast which she gladly devoured. She's swimming everywhere in the 5 gallon tank as if she is in awe of her new home.

Now I just need to name this Koi Betta. Any suggestions?
(pics to follow soon).

Last edited:
Here a pic of the new gal. More pics to follow.
IMG_3525.jpeg

A few name ideas for you,

Mina. Meaning “fish” in Sanskrit, this Indian girls’ name was also the name of the daughter of the Hindu goddess Ushas and the daughter of the god Kubera.

Chō. In Japanese this girls’ name simply means “butterfly.” We don’t know what’s more adorable than a beautiful butterfly!

Phetsamone. In Lao, phet means “diamond” and samone means “war, battle” or “beloved, wife, pretty girl.” It would be a pretty choice for your warrior little girl!

I never name my fish since they never answer to their name. And also naming fish for me seems to be a death sentence as named fish seemed to die on me. I did refer to my #2 breeding zebra as fatty because, as is common, the alpha male is often not the biggest fish. #2 was pretty chunky.

What I want to know is in a group of wild bettas such as imbellis, which can be kept in groups, would the top male be the Alpha Betta? :fun:

Love the name...

In Canada when people talk about "Patches" It's always related with some 1%teer Outlaw Bikers Clubs.

Most reactions

Back