Meet Goober

Jaded12

The Betta Bug Has Bitten... Resistence Is Futile
Reaction score
I rescued from some A** who was going to feed him to a snake :sick: He's still just a baby, I may even breed him this summer. He's really really nervous right now, I haven't tried to touch him yet, just put my hands in with him as much as possible so he gets used to it.

Meet Goober

females061.jpg

females062.jpg

females063.jpg

females064.jpg

That such a cutie bless him.
The name great as well.

sooooo cute, shame about the fact he was a 'feeder', I know this may sound random but how on earth did you know someone was going to feed him to a snake?

The guy was a friend of a friend, she told me what he was planning on doing, knowing full well that I would probably storm over there and demand that he give me the hamster and find some proper live food for his snake. And thats exactly what I did.

That such a cutie bless him.
The name great as well.

Awww thanks, hes quite a little ham, and loves carrots, lol

how can anyone want to feed that cutie to a snake.
well done for saving him.

Thank you! It was worth it, my first hamster recently passed away and I had been debating getting a new one, so this kind of made up my mind for me, lol

I love it, you saved the cute hammy, but some poor rat's going to get it instead :lol: Kind of a failed rescue really, eh?

Give me his address, I'll save the rats!

Awww he's a lil cutie... why was that person gunna feed a hamster to a snake... pre-killed mice n rats are sold for a reason, to stop people buyin live prey n putting the snake at risk of injury... totally disagree with live feeding captive snakes... tis dangerous for the snake n stressful for the mouse/rat.

Well done with rescuing the lil mite, he looks happy in that lil cardboard box XD hamsters r sweet.

I'm not saying I agree with feeding live food, because I don't I think its cruel to the animals being eaten and can be dangerous for the animal doing the eating. It was more of a if I had to choose between saving the hamster and the rat I would choose the hamster because they're not bred (at least not around here) to be snake food, goober was someones pet who decided he didn't want him anymore and thought it would be cool to feed him to the snake. Trust me if I could save them all I could. I have 4 rats saved from being snake food, and 2 little white mice. and now a hamster, lol.

Not everyone buys frozen mice or rats, sometimes they will even buy live and find ways of killing them first before feeding, so that they are still warm for some snakes. I raised feeders for our lizards and snakes... never hamsters though, that just seems wierd to me. Cute little guy though

Most reactions

Back