Meet Crabhead

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
Ok Heres Some Pix.

I used the Washing basket as its really good for big fish.
All the little fish swim in and look at him and then i can also see how he reacts to them.
He has been fine and has colored up to an amazing Color.
He is a Big Softy and his Name Is CrabHead - previuos Owners NAme.

He Likes to watch the Simpsons - They have a 10*8 projection screen and he loves to watch Cartoons. Which is good as he can see the TV from the Consevatory. He can also see us not matter what room we are in downstairs as he sees the cooker from the tank and was dancing to my mum cooking earlier.

The Basket is over 2feet in length so it shows how Big He Is.

He has not eaten yet, but that will change with time and some TLC from Me.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0014-4.jpg

DSC_0015-4.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

DSC_0019-4.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

DSC_0022-3.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

[

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/psgill00/DSC_0024-1.jpg[/IMG]
DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031-4.jpg

I was going to ask the same, the tank looks very small in height when comparing it to the fish itself...

hes lovely, thought u liked lots of small fish in a big tank?!!? lol

he looks a little cramped between the plants, maybe time to open the tank up for him and take the plants out? seems wuite a shallow tank for him?

yeah he was looking a little cramped - but that is just that part of the tank. lots of plants on that side.
there is 90G of free swimming space as i have the Sailfin Plecs in there aswell and they are a bit bigger than him.

there are lots of different regions and levels in the tank. it big enough to allow that.
its not shallow its 2 foot deep he is a massive fish.

my tank is 8 times the size of the tank he was in for the last couple of years.
so far he likes the planting and swims amongst it.
it helps that i have a couple of BIG powerheads on the tank to build his muscles as they are a bit smalll ATM.

He already recognizes me and is already letting me pet his hump and stroke his flanks.

Lovely looking fish Gill, very impressed

Thanks I got him eating this evening aswell.

Found one of My cats old chew toys, Tied it to s bamboo stick and let him play withe it.
When he opened his mouth the widest i used a baster and squirted in cubes of bloodworm, mealworms, and crickets.
he kinda had a funny look on his face and the begged for more - silly thing, and there his previuos owner was adamane that he was a fussy eater.

he looks great :good:
love that tank...is it in a conservatory?
great idea with the plants :good:

thanks
yeah its in the consevatory, biggest space for it. has reinforced flooring down - Roof Joists.
I still have alot to do with the Planting, was tooo knackered to drive out to get the 4 foot bogwood monoliths that i am going to plants with bog plants and peace lillies and ivy's, hope to get that done later in the week, and then hit the plant market on sunday to get bog plants.

Most reactions

Back