Media Help

smiithy1

Reaction score
hi all so i would like some advice really i have a fluval 205 and 305 in my 200liter tank (whats is the lph they do together) and i carnt get rid of the smallests particals in my water, this is what i have in my filter i have carbon on the bottom and then filter wool on the 2nd and then bioballs on the top also i have the filter sponge in the fitler sponge holder what else could i add to keep the water crystal clear i do water changes every 4 days of 50% and also a gravel vac i currently have 1 oscar and 1 parrot cichlid

how big is your tank? those filters have combined turnover of 1680 litres per hour filter floss is supposed to help remove tiny particles does the debri float in the water column or sit at the surface if it sits on the surface try more surface agitation also when did you last clean the flters out?

just noticed you say 200 litre tank so 1680 should be plenty of turnover

just rinsed all my media filter 2 days ago in old take water when i done a 80% water change and the tiny particals seem to float about but some time sit on the top also i have good water movement at the the surface as i have a bubble wall the full lenght of the tank at the back and also a spray of bubbles cuming out of a scull i have in the corner of the tank and thats enought filtration?

id say that was enough filtration for a 200l tank. well thats me out of ideas sorry i couldnt help

try speaking to rabbut ( quite active in new to the hobby ) well clued up on things like this

Most reactions

Back