Me New Tank!

Ryan251

Reaction score
After Buying a 150litre for £331, we brought it home and i washed my gravel in my bath for about an hour and a half, when i went to remove the gravel that came with the tank, huge cracks from corners leading to the centre at the bottom of the tank! :angry:

As you can imagine i was extremelly upset! Next Day, My Mum Took me to "HURRANS in newport"
and sorted out the problem and got her money back, from that, mum an i went down to cwmbran to pets at home, and we got a bigger tank, 180litres for less money £299, sorted!! Another + was that they seemed very proffesional and got it sorted for me, they also had a nice range of fish there too!

This is after everything was added, soon im gonna add more plants, then eventually fish!

user3851_1166630672.jpg

user3851_1166630698.jpg

user3851_1166630713.jpg

user3851_1166630733.jpg

Im happy with my new tank, and to advise to stay away from "newport" hurrans, as they were unproffesional about not even checking the tank, so thanks Mum, U saved the day!!

Ryan!

Congrats on the new tank! Best of luck with all your new fish too! Be sure to read the pinned topic on fishless cycling!

id be well annoyed if that happened to me. glad its sorted. glad to hear a bit of praise for PAH too! hehe!

i think i will add c02, a kit only costs £35 so maybe, refills are £9 (from hurrans)

Im glad i had so many replys straight away, tanks!! geddit! lol Thanks!!
(it wasnt meant to be funny :/)

Glad you got your tank sorted, it looks very nice. I was in PAH today and the assistant seemed to be quite knowledgable. She was advising a man NOT to buy Angels with some much smaller fish. He wasn't keen to listen but he did in the end. I was just buying some flakes. :)

yeah! its just at the bottom of my bed, i might have a dimmer switch put in just for the fish!

just to let you know ryan that if you're thinking about putting a dimmer switch on your fish tank lights, they won't dim. If they are flourescent lights then you can't dim them, but what you could do is put a timer switch on so that they come on and go off at certain times!

nice tank btw! read the beginner pinned topics and also the pinned topics in the "planted tank section" they help like crazy and so does everyone here!!

good luck :good:

greg

i meant on my bedroom light, as not to scare the fishies!

i think i will add c02, a kit only costs £35 so maybe, refills are £9 (from hurrans)

Im glad i had so many replys straight away, tanks!! geddit! lol Thanks!!
(it wasnt meant to be funny :/)
Hey, great tank so far :good: . Two things about the co2 though, its pointless if you have an airstone (you do), as the surface agitation will you lose co2 and it wont make a difference :) . Also, what type kit are you talking about? If it's the yeast based ones then you can buy them much cheaper elsewhere(£19.99) and the refill packets are a waste of money, you can make a MUCH cheaper and way more effective solution using these instructions, they are very simple.
If it's a co2 canister based system, where you have to buy big canisters of co2 and bring them back to the shop to be refilled - then that price is unbelievably good, so much so that i would be very suspicious!

just to let you know ryan that if you're thinking about putting a dimmer switch on your fish tank lights, they won't dim. If they are flourescent lights then you can't dim them, but what you could do is put a timer switch on so that they come on and go off at certain times!
Oh, and you can buy dimmer switch things for aquarium florescent lighting, they fit in most hoods :) . I think im going to get one and use it with a timer. They were featured a few years ago in 'Tropical Fish' magazine(anyone know if that mag still exists? -_- ) :) .

do u know where i can get a new hood for the juwel vision 180, i dont like the three peice flimsy plastic one

I don't think you can, you may have to DIY one -_- . I know what you mean though, they are pretty flimsy.

Most reactions

Back