Me an My Fishm and mosquito larvae -_-

ck201028

Reaction score
just veturing out in the wide world of fishes and so far so good B)
i have anAA 10 us gallon self-contained tank with 7 fish so far. (as listed below but also a dalmatoin mollie that i got today. :)

ATM i am feeding them tetramin tropical flakes twice a day. I am wondering what else i can feed them. i have heard that you can feed fish mosquito larva but i want to check incase it will hurt them.

Is there any way to promote the breeding btween the mollies. i think the bettas wont beed as the filter makes the surface turbulent and i dont really want them to anyway.

Thanks for reading my ramble and any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes, most fish will apreciate live food. I have heard that you can feed fish mosquito larvae and there is no harm in trying (in the case of the fish anyway) But be cautious with the mosquitos-I don't think you want them hatching.

I feed lots of mosquito and other larva to my fish - I make sure that I add no debris and I rinse them in fresh water first. Do you have the two bettas loose in the tank together?

ALASKA

ck201028 said:
just veturing out in the wide world of fishes and so far so good B)
i have anAA 10 us gallon self-contained tank with 7 fish so far. (as listed below but also a dalmatoin mollie that i got today. :)

ATM i am feeding them tetramin tropical flakes twice a day. I am wondering what else i can feed them. i have heard that you can feed fish mosquito larva but i want to check incase it will hurt them.

Is there any way to promote the breeding btween the mollies. i think the bettas wont beed as the filter makes the surface turbulent and i dont really want them to anyway.

Thanks for reading my ramble and any feedback would be appreciated.
I feel like I am going to sound really ignorant but, here in GA (US) we have a nasty population of mosquitos that carry west nile and other disease...

Would that not hurt the fish some how?

BB

The Male betta will haras the fems unles they are in a tank thats about 9 feet long. And no the WNV will not affect the fish (if you are between 6 and 60 it will be no more than a flu to you) and you don't have nearyas many mosquitoes as Jams does.

thanks for the feedback re: the mosquito larvae.

jams.alaskan said:
Do you have the two bettas loose in the tank together?

ALASKA

yes the two female bettas and the male are all in the one tank together. I dont think they will harrass each other much as they are brother and sisters. they were a gift from a relative who breeds them.

as for west nile disease i dont thnk we have that here in australia.

i live about 1 km from a swamp so i shall start collecting and washing the larvae to feed them.

ck

Most reactions

Back