Maybe a bit creepy!

I had only a few close friends at school - I still exchange Christmas cards with one of them.
I hated my hair. It is naturally wavy, tending to frizz. Google photos of Mary Quant and you'll see what every other girl looked like in the '60's. My hair refused to do that and I felt an unfashionable freak. I now like my hair. Maybe I still can't grow it long without it frizzing but I save a fortune by not needing a perm :lol:
I wanted my hair to be straight like the Beatles but my hair curled up which for a guy was not cool. I hated it and my sister had straight hair, We both wish we could trade hair back then.

I had only a few close friends at school - I still exchange Christmas cards with one of them.
I hated my hair. It is naturally wavy, tending to frizz. Google photos of Mary Quant and you'll see what every other girl looked like in the '60's. My hair refused to do that and I felt an unfashionable freak. I now like my hair. Maybe I still can't grow it long without it frizzing but I save a fortune by not needing a perm :lol:
Just like my hair, they're naturally wavy/curly and they frizz all the time and they know how to annoy me.

I wanted straight hair when I was your age as well. There weren't the things around in the 1960's that there are now. Imagine me after washing my hair with my fringe held down with selotape to try and make it straight, and selotape across the back of my neck to stop the ends curling :blink:

I have my Dad's and Grandma's hair. Dad told the tale of being teased when he was in the air force that he set his hair in curlers. So he washed his hair, combed it all flat and made them sit and watch while it dried. And curled up all by itself :)

I wanted straight hair when I was your age as well. There weren't the things around in the 1960's that there are now. Imagine me after washing my hair with my fringe held down with selotape to try and make it straight, and selotape across the back of my neck to stop the ends curling :blink:

I have my Dad's and Grandma's hair. Dad told the tale of being teased when he was in the air force that he set his hair in curlers. So he washed his hair, combed it all flat and made them sit and watch while it dried. And curled up all by itself :)
I get bullied at school because of how my hair looks and now I want to cut it all.

I was a greaser in high school for awhile trying to keep it from curling. I would get really big curls, as my hair grew and back then short hair was for losers. My hair made me look like a girl. Now it still curls but I keep my hair shorter.

Most reactions

Back