🐠 TOTM MattW - September 2024 Tank of the Month Winner (16 Gal & smaller)

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
September 2024 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 10 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
MattW
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
1-jpg.348738
My 60 litre paludarium.
It was set up on May 11th, 2024 as a home for my then 3x Sawbwa. It now is home to my Daisy's ricefish which are a great little fish. I feed once a day with flake and algae wafer which all fish eat. 10L Water changes are done on a weekly basis depending on my work schedule. Plant trimming is usually done every month as the peace lily and ferns grow quickly.
This was my first attempt at a DIY Paludarium. Overall it's been ok.. A few flaws in my design have started to emerge such as the build-up of mulm from the spider wood and a small gap into the filtration compartment which clogs easily if not maintained. I have enjoyed watching this Paludarium grow especially the houseplants and moss. In the long term this setup will not last IMO it has caused more problems than I thought it would have.

Fauna-

Daisy's Blue Ricefish - 5X
Otocinclus affinis - 3X (one missing and presumed dead at this time)
Zebra Nerite snail - 1X
Ramshorns Snail - 7X
Amano Shrimp - 1X

Aquatic Flora-

Anubias bateri var. 'Coffeifolia'
Bucephalandra pygmea Bukit Kelam 'Wavy Green'
Bucephalandra biblis
Bolbitis heudelotii
Hydrocotyle tripartita
Pistia stratiotes
Ceratophyllum demersum
Cryptocoryne parva
Schismatoglottis prietoi

Equipment-​

Eheim Compact Pump 600
Generic 50W heater
10W Flood light
Mini Sponge filter for warmer temps

Last edited:
Congrats @MattW for the win with your 60 Litre Paludarium. Awesome tank!
Coming in 2nd place is @CassCats for their 4 gallon Congo River Biotope. Great looking tank.
Tying for 3rd place are @Mikeyboy123 and @madmoz with their nicely aquascaped tanks. Good going!

For those members who entered but didn't win, keep improving your tanks and enter a future TOTM contest.

Right now we are accepting entries for a Pet of the Month contest. If you have a pet besides fish, we hope you enter the POTM contest.
CLICK HERE to view the Pet of the Month entry thread.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back