Mass Algea Problem...

I just got a PhosX pillow last night, hoping that'll help a we bit, may not. I'll try the HOB filter refugem, where can I get chaetomorpha algae?? I'll be going out today to get some snails (10 of them for the 29gallon tank) and hopfully that'll help. I'll leave the lights off the next day, but will turn them back on tomorrow morning and off when I leave to work.

Humm, where abouts in canada do you live? Might wanna ask around your LFS or local reef club to see if anyone has cheato they need to prune.

Markham, I'll be asking the guy at my LSF (local saltwater store) for info on cheato, and where I could get some, with luck he may have some spare *prays*, the snails are doing their job quiet nicely, I've placed a timer on the lights, they now go on for a 4 hour period, then off for about 4 hours then back on for 3 hours, so 7hours a day of light, and I set it up for the main times that I'm around my tank.

I'm hoping that these snails will finish off the algea, and with the help of them and the lighting set-up I've got the algea seems to be under control a lot more than it was previously. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know how the algea problem progresses.

Most reactions

Back