MARK ON REGAL!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

this guy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I only just noticed it today.

BUt is it cut or something - I can try to send a pic to domeones email but this is how it looks kinda

Its on both sides. its a little brown line which is small on the tail is this ok

Is this normal

my regal is only small :byebye:

Just out of interest, how many galons is your tank? I have tried to search your others posts but cant find the size of your tank.

How much liverock and how many gallons do you have? Its possible its a wound but also might be a scar from whitespot.

40 galllons with 20 kg of live rock! WHITE SPOT! OH NO! SO DOES THAT MEAN IT HAS WHIT E SPOT AFTER A DA Y OF BUYING IT! BECAUSE AT THE SHOP THE MAN PICKED OUT THE BEST ONE OUT FOR ME - I WAS WITH HIM!

I'm sooooooo freaked out

How could this have arrised

I love my tang

its soo colourful

What should I do - isn't a normal mark?

Here is a link:

This is a picture of how it looks like (not mine though!) But anyhoo - you see that smalle line on the tail!

It resembles that

THankyou

OK sorry, i didnt mean to make you panic. send me a piccy of it via email ( i will pm you my address).

Im not saying it definately IS whitespot but the mark made me feel it was possibly the mark left behind when the whitespot parasite falls of the body my powder blue tang is just recovering froma whitespot outbreak after its introduction to its new tank and the makrs lefton its body could look simialr. I will need to see a photo to be sure though.

The other reason i asked about tank size is due to the future happiness f this fish, tangs grow large (Regal tangs get VERY large) and a 40 gallon is just not going to be enough im afraid :/ 100 gallons (thats uk gallons.. 120 US gallons) minimum for tangs and even larger if possible. I currently have a 100 gallon tank with 2 tangs and its simply not large enough :sad: I am having to upgrade to 220 gallons after christmas just to accomodate these fish as the current room is not enough for them.

Im sorry to say that if your tang doesnt have whitespot now then its highly likely to get it in a tank of this size sooner rather than later :sad:

Tangs should also be added last to a tank as they are very territorial and can get very aggressive. My emperor tang and Powder blue were both the last fish to be added (with the exception of the asfur in between and my Comet which they ignore as its keeps to the darkeness).

I think you may well find trouble ahead if you try and add anything that is remotely similar to the tang in size or colour once the tang is settled in and established. (Dangerous to add a dwarf angel IMO )

You asked me if it was possible to ad a yellow tang now or should you wait. My responce is that it should not be added at all as they are likely ot fight (my emperor and powderblue did) and in a tank which is so small they are liekly to either kill each other or stress themselves out and get whitespot.

This forum has a wealth of people that know alot about this hobby. I really urge you to post questions on fish etc here before purchasing. Making a simple single purchase can wipeout the entire tank via whitespot or agression etc so research is essential before simply going out to get a fish you know little about.

Im afraid to asy that many shops are simply not to be trsuted as i have seen all to often how most shops will sell fish that are completely unsuitable for the persons tanks and cause a multitude of trouble. If you ask here you will get a thruthful answer not loaded with any financial gains etc. Im not getting at you in particular and if it seems this way then i appologise but its more for people that are going to read this over the coming days and weeks. If this makes a single person think twice before buying a fish/coral they havent research then i have done what i have set out to do.

Good luck with the tang, send me a photo and i will try and diagnose it for you.

Most reactions

Back