Marineland 360 Vs Fluval 406?

Yanks15

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Any input would be appreciated. Trying to choose which one for my 55gal(US) Mbuna tank.

Thanks,
Steve

I can't comment on the Marineland but I've owned a Fluval 406 and I ended up having to scrap it because it developed a leak, and eventually stopped working. It was a good filter, while it worked. But, unfortunately, it didn't work for long enough to justify the cost. I don't think I'd touch Fluval again now.

Sorry I didn't clarify for my friends across the pond, the Marineland is the same filter as the Tetra Tec.

Thanks,
Steve

I have two 405's one of which is about 15 years old and still works fine, don't know about the other's.

I have not used either of these filters but I would recommend the c360 or even the 530. The only experience with fluval that I have is with the FX5. That being said, I have researched the C series( particularly the C-530) and have noticed that their owners say good things about them. I might get the C-530 as its price has dropped significantly and you could get it for $150 on amazon. There is also a mail in rebate that will save you I belive $20 or 30 on top of that if purchased withing this month or the next if i remember correctly.

TettiRaf- Thanks for the Amazon info. Still up in the air as to which to get. Unfortunately, others I've talked to seem to think I need to look at the Eheim product too. Most are telling me that the Eheim Pro series is a better product. After some research, they all seem to have their proponents and detractors so now the water just got muddier
shout.gif
Price wise the Eheim seem to be more expensive and haven't found enough reason to believe the price difference is warranted. Unless someone can tell me why.............

Thanks,
Steve

As for Eheim, I have a few of them. From what I've been hearing, the new pro filters can be a bit more tricky than the previous generations. New pro users seem to be in agreement that a lot of the quirks from the new generations have been worked out for the most part. I own the pro 2 2026 and it is a great filter. You cannot go wrong with any of the classics though. Price-wise I would go for the C-530 since it is a big filter with great media volume. If money isn't an object you should look into the pro 3s as well.

Most reactions

Back