Marine Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sliders slide the normal way but the tank builders put the sliding bars on every side as stoppers.

after a bit more fiddling...

mini%20wier%20(1).JPG

mini%20wier%20(2).JPG

mini%20wier%20(3).JPG

mini%20wier.JPG

Ahhh, i see.....Ive never really seen sliding lids. Man do i feel stupid. :p Maybe i should go around keeping up to date with my lfs's. :D

wow onyl 2 months later and it's set up ready to be filled!.

setting up the sump media...

set%20up%20(1).JPG

set%20up%20(2).JPG

and set up in place....

set%20up%20(4).JPG

set%20up.JPG

live rock is being deliver wednesday and i'm gettign 50ltrs of RO water off me mate hopefully tuesday to get it started nicely.

Thats awesome! What pump are you using for your filter?? And can you put up a shot from further back of the filter so we can se a bit more of its location and 'complete' setup?

Thx
Zac

yep from the standpipe bit in the tank goes straight out the back to the t peice with a end cap above water level and then just straight down to the sump, with a ball valve inbetween. was a right ass, didn't give myself enough space (once again :X ) for working room in the stand with the sump.

There 2x 55W T5 PC's, which is plenty of lighting, can't afford to run a MH on top of everything else. plus with the unit i got it looks nice and tidy :D

I must admit I would have gone for a small 70W Metal Halide (less electric and more punch than PCs IIRC).

I made the mistake of not enough room on my first sump - never again, the last two (and especially the new 6 footer) both have plenty of room to work :) )

oh well live and learn!. i do like my unit though, very nice. i'ved made do with bodge jobs enough times!

i'ved managed to do it 3 times now!!

go paul good on ya. i like it how you made it all yourself looking good. are you going to put some powerheads in the tank for the coral? cant wait to see it filled

al

cheers, it's been quite a learning experience drilling the glass and putting the dividers in but there in the end!

i might add a power head inside the tank aswell I'm not too sure yet.

I can now report the standpipe system is silent.

i have a end cap with a screw cap on and when i adjust how much it's screwed on i can adjust the water level in the mini wier.

all i need to make it silent is a reducer piece to fit onto the end of the pipe going into the sump as it's making a bit of a gushing noise putting my finger over it solves this, so 50p of plastic will solve it.

just about to leave to pick up 50litres of RO water, my macro algaes and live rock will come tomorrow :D expect lots of pictures tomorrow night.

Most reactions

Back