Marine Section

Yes @ what Ace said...

There are plenty of "regulars" who are almost always in the chat, myself being one of them. It should really be used more often.

Yes @ what Ace said...

There are plenty of "regulars" who are almost always in the chat, myself being one of them. It should really be used more often.

The Chat room is :good: when there are people in there who are chatting, I do pop in there on occassion and enjoy the company. However, I could not leave a line of chat for people who enter later if no one was around, or could I?

Yes @ what Ace said...

However, I could not leave a line of chat for people who enter later if no one was around, or could I?

Isn't that what a PM could be used for?

I am not on any side of the argument really, but I don't really see where a Chatbox is appropriate, they are hard to moderate from spammers and arguments. But if they do decide to have a chatbox, that's cool. I wish the site would advertise the IRC Chatroom more, it's better at hiding than Osama Bin Laden.

Yes @ what Ace said...

However, I could not leave a line of chat for people who enter later if no one was around, or could I?

I am not on any side of the argument really, but I don't really see where a Chatbox is appropriate, they are hard to moderate from spammers and arguments. But if they do decide to have a chatbox, that's cool. I wish the site would advertise the IRC Chatroom more, it's better at hiding than Osama Bin Laden.

Yes, I suppose if I wanted to send a single comment to only one person yes, but if i wanted to send the comment to all salties or anyone interested I couldn't do it!

I also agree, the chat room is under-used, its a real shame.

I hadnt realised a chat box would be more open to spammers, thought it would be exactly as open as the whole forum!?

But if i wanted to send the comment to all salties or anyone interested I couldn't do it!

Create a new thread?

A comment sent to all 'salties' would probably get lost amongst other conversation.

Yes @ what Ace said...

I hadnt realised a chat box would be more open to spammers, thought it would be exactly as open as the whole forum!?

The problem is it's hard to delete posts on a Chatbox, I believe you have to reset the whole chatbox text. Where as with the forum you can just delete the thread and ban a member. It's also easier for moderators to moderate as they can move the thread to their moderate forum where they can discuss it, it's harder to do with the Chatbox.

Btw I was only being nosey to see how many people were in there :D haha! Also no one was talking, I didnt want to start a convo, thats too embarrasing haha! Have nothing to chat about either haha

The problem is it's hard to delete posts on a Chatbox, I believe you have to reset the whole chatbox text. Where as with the forum you can just delete the thread and ban a member. It's also easier for moderators to moderate as they can move the thread to their moderate forum where they can discuss it, it's harder to do with the Chatbox.

Ah, I didnt know that

Seffie x

Btw I was only being nosey to see how many people were in there :D haha! Also no one was talking, I didnt want to start a convo, thats too embarrasing haha! Have nothing to chat about either haha

Actually you came in at the beginning of a conversation that went on for over an hour, I'm not sure why it didn't show up on your screen but I assure you, me, SBS, Tolak, Nosoup4you and -Nemo- were all talking. If you're going to lie to get your point across, what's the point.

And @Seffie, That's cool, I don't mean to sound like I'm totally against the chatbox. I'm just in this conversation about the IRC Chatroom really. I understand your reasoning behind it, and wish you good luck.

Proves my point it doesnt work on my comp then, I had nothing on my screen! Why are you suddenly accusing me of lying when I have done nothing wrong! I thought I would try it after saying it hadn't worked I remembered not trying it since the update. If you say you were talking it clearly doesn't work for my comp!

Proves my point it doesnt work on my comp then, I had nothing on my screen! Why are you suddenly accusing me of lying when I have done nothing wrong! I thought I would try it after saying it hadn't worked I remembered not trying it since the update. If you say you were talking it clearly doesn't work for my comp!

You didn't give it long enough to bad mouth the program, I call it how I see it, and I see a liar.

You can also access with Mibbit; http://02.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.oftc.net&channel=%23fishforums

As well as the old standby, mirc; http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/127878-for-those-that-have-trouble-with-live-chat/ Post #6.

Dont worry about it I wont be using as I know when Im not wanted by people who are all snotty about it!

Most reactions

Back