Marble, Opaline, 3 spotted?????

-Chewy-

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all,
I m getting very confused on this gourami. The LFS told me it was a marble gourami, then someone in the forum told me was a 3 spotted gourami. Then I visited the FOTM thread and saw a gourami just like mine called a opaline!
Boy! I am getting confused!! :S Anybody can clarify??
Hehee... comment on pictures too!

-Chewy-

Attachments

• Marble_Gourami.jpg
    Marble_Gourami.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 42
Opaline, Three Spot, Marbled, Blue are all common names for the same fish, Trichogaster trichopterus.

I've read that they are all the same fish also. If I were you I would call yours a marble too. I have one that I say is a 3 spot which looks the same in color but not markings. If you want to see take a look at my pics in my signature. I do not feel right posting a pic in someone elses thread.

Beatiful fish!!!!

It was my picture you saw in the FOTM topic. On the picture below, the one on the left is a 3 spotted gourami and the one on the right is an opaline gourami.

Attachments

• Picture_002.jpg
    Picture_002.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 44
Well, I guess I didn't need to respond but what the hey!!! :p :lol:

They are all originally the 3 spot, because of 2 spots on body and they eye is the third. The blue, marble, opaline or whatever else people come up are just color morphs of the original. They are all the same, like certain dogs that are bred to have certain markings and coloring!

I was very confused about my "3-spot gourami too". The lady at the LFS told me it was a Powder blue gourami. I believed it until I saw some pictures on this forum of real powder blues......no way is my Kiki that kind of gourami. So I did research on the internet and found some very technical sites that cleared things up for me.

Silver
:*

Most reactions

Back