Man Made Live Rock

gopper

Reaction score
hi, been reading about the man made live rock but it seams to be mainley the americans that are doing it, is there n e one in the uk that has done it ???

thinking of giving it a try coz its gonna cost me well over £500 to get my main tank running

i know il have to be patient but iv got all the equipment to do it and plenty of space, just need to get a decent mix and a few more hints and tips from uk live rockers !!

Cj

I have a PDF File on it - Never tried it myself Yet

But I have handed it out on here a fair few times

PM me you email addy & I will forward it on

:good:

I may not be from your side of the pond, but I followed the instructions on garf.org. I only made one piece before I found someone willing to sell me baserock for cheap but it worked well. 5 parts aragonite sand, 1 part cement. The trick is getting the water mix right. Too much and its sloppy and crumbly, too little and its very brittle. Gotta have just enough water to dampen it :D

im just reading the pdf iv been sent, it seems all the things i need are pritty much on my door step, gonna go down to asda at some point and get some nice big containers lets see how it goes, might start floggin it on the cheap on ebay !!!

Remember where you got it :lol:

Chac sent me that pdf a while ago, I currently have about 10-12kilos curing away in water.

I recall that Aquascaper does his own LR as well.

To speed up the initial water curing to prevent massive pH spikes, stick the rock in the toilet cistern. You cure quicker (due to constant Water changes) and you save water.

Chac sent me that pdf a while ago, I currently have about 10-12kilos curing away in water.

To speed up the initial water curing to prevent massive pH spikes, stick the rock in the toilet cistern. You cure quicker (due to constant Water changes) and you save water.

How big is your cistern :lol: :lol:

How big is your cistern :lol: :lol:
Sadly not large enough, hence a number of containers in the loft full of water...

ok, well happy with all the response, gonna give it a go in the next few weeks, got to let my tropical tank wittle down to nothing but il give the fish to a friend.

gonna get it running in the garage, with the light aspect will it need to be the t5`s or will he normal t8`s do the job ???

the heater and filters are gonna get a nice clean, and im gonna try getting the canister filter running so the flow is huge and hopefully it will cycly faster

Cj

I have man made liverock in my system. Never had any problems with it and it looks no different to any other liverock in my tank after its established.

I have roughly 10 kilos of man made rock in my system.. quite large rocks to be honest. see if you can tell which ones are man made and which are real.

PICT0013.jpg

powderbluegroup2.jpg

that really is one nice tank ! want to get my tank like that one day

Cj

Most reactions

Back