Male Or Female?

snoopyfrench87

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well my beautiful betta Spyro is puzzling me beyond belief..... is this charming chap actually a little lady?
these are recent pics:
P8060112.jpg

P8060129.jpg

P8060110.jpg

these are some older pics:
P6010092.jpg

P6010090.jpg

P6010087.jpg

P6010083.jpg

he/she doesnt seem to grow much either....
He/she is now living opposite Jigglypuff the boy and has not flared at him once - i cant even get him/her to flare at his/her own reflection! Spyro shares 'its' side with a breeding pair of nerite snails, two dwarf african frogs, and a bent guppy fry called 'bender' - spyro has never shown any aggression towards any of the neighbours :S

This is spyro's neighbour - Jigglypuff
P6280117.jpg

P6280120beard.jpg

Sorry for the stress lines on Spyro but i had just done a tank change around and large water change which always stresses him/her.

can some one sex my spyro?

Hi Laura......well he/she doesn't seem to be developing in the fin department does he/she. To be absolutely sure I would put her in a chimney in with Jigglpuff and feed her up with frozen bloodworm. These girls with their long fins are becoming a real nightmare to sex as we've found out recently with 4 of our supposed males :crazy: We did this with Hawkins female and within a couple of days she started releasing eggs and we've just had another do the same. Give it a go just to make sure and don't forget our offer ;)

how long will i need to keep spyro in the chimney?

i have already forgotten the offer lol

i will look in my old Pm's xx

Thanks netty

anyone else got an opinion on what they think spyro's sex might be?

OMG well your Spyro looks extremely similar to my female Betta, with the same longish pecs (although I think yours has slightly longer anal fin) and is even the same purplish colour. That first photo of Spyro spooked me cos it's like looking at a pic of my Phoenix!

Ooooh - I hope my Phoenix is female and not male!! I've got used to calling her my "special girly"!

Athena

how long will i need to keep spyro in the chimney?

i have already forgotten the offer lol

i will look in my old Pm's xx

Thanks netty

anyone else got an opinion on what they think spyro's sex might be?

You should only need to keep her in there for 2 or 3 days. Worth giving it a go just to be sure :good:

id say female, my Beau looked like this, thought she was a young male, who turned out to be a girl

Id suggest doing what Netty says as its the only way to know for sure!

just a question in the sixth form the top pic there are little white dots at the top of the water, what are they food? because they almost looks like eggs to me,, or could they be the eggs of somthing else in the tank?

o i see what you mean,

no these are bits of weed that come off of a floating plant in the tank as it regenerates.

im pretty certain Spyro is a she now though... :blush:

o i see what you mean,

no these are bits of weed that come off of a floating plant in the tank as it regenerates.

Well at least you have a good excuse to go out and buy another male now lol! :hyper:

o i see what you mean,

Well at least you have a good excuse to go out and buy another male now lol! :hyper:

If i had somewhere to put him! :(

its a shame the tank that spyro is in isn't spacious enough for a group of girls :(

nevermind - spyro has her snails, frogs and a deformed guppy for company!

o i see what you mean,

If i had somewhere to put him! :(

its a shame the tank that spyro is in isn't spacious enough for a group of girls :(

nevermind - spyro has her snails, frogs and a deformed guppy for company!

lol deformed guppy... howd that come about lol?

Most reactions

Back