Male Or Female

TENNIS

Reaction score
How do you tell if your betta is male or female? :*)

Aaah but Durbkat yet again you've slipped up. What if this lady had a Male PLAKAT then the fins would be short you must specify your info before you give it.

Bret

Well most pet store bettas are veil tails and if the person said the her fish didn't look like the male in the pic I would have put up a pic of a male plakat.

u got to stop making assumptions now suppose she decides ooh it's a female and decides to go and buy more for the tank and they tear eachother to shreds how would you feel then?

Think about the fish not your post count :sly:

An Angry Bret

u got to stop making assumptions now suppose she decides ooh it's a female and decides to go and buy more for the tank and they tear eachother to shreds how would you feel then?

An Angry Bret

TENNIS has already stated that the betta is like the pictured male... ie, long finned. It ain't going to suddenly be female, is it? So there is no need to go into plakats, even if it did happen to be a plakat there is more than one way of telling....

An Angry Bret
I'm not trying to raise my post count. God you people are like dumb blondes I tell you twice already but yet you still talk about it. Even if it was a plakat the male is still more colorful than the female and their fins are alittle bit longer than the female plakats.

indeed, Goldfish Bowl. Durbkat's advice was quite good considering that looking for long fins is the quickest way of knowing "yep, boy betta". With the additional info that TENNIS's betta was a freebie won by her daughter, the odds of her having recieved a plakat are rather slim (long-fin genes always being dominant over short-fin & cheapie bettas coming from uncertain parentage).

if TENNIS had said she had a short-finned betta, then it would have been worth mentioning the possibility of a male plakat. as it is, the id has been efficiently made and your accusations of Durbkat spamming to raise his post count are completely spurious.

that's your new word for the day: spurious. go look it up in a dictionary and think about what you've learned.

Aaah but Durbkat yet again you've slipped up. What if this lady had a Male PLAKAT then the fins would be short you must specify your info before you give it.

Bret

Note The BOLD Writing In The Quote "WHAT IF" I Didn't Say She DID Have A Plakat I'm Just Saying You Could Of Given More Options To Choose From

:-( please stop fighting. I didnt mean for my simple question to become a forum fight. Lets all be fishy friends. ... Just so all this can stop, I am not going to put any other fish in the bowl with this on whether it is a he or she or maybe its a he/she. I appreciate everyones concern and thank you for caring but it is not worth arguing over. Again everyone, thank you for all the input. Now if i ever decide to get more than one fish i will make sure they are GOLDFISH. :lol:

Bret

Note The BOLD Writing In The Quote "WHAT IF" I Didn't Say She DID Have A Plakat I'm Just Saying You Could Of Given More Options To Choose From
I agree. I think it would have been worth saying males USUALLY have long fins rather than just stating it as simple fact, but overall the advice was good.

Most reactions

Back