Male Or Female? More Pics

Stangin83

Reaction score
Hey all,
I finally got some more pics of Gigi. We're still not sure if it's a male or female, any opinions?

Thanks!

n50105228_31706288_3418026.jpg

n50105228_31706287_5602791.jpg

n50105228_31684737_5040002.jpg

female, anal is very square and croped short to the body and she is displaying stress lines females do that more then males

Agreed^^ :good:

I will say that you would be doing the betta and yourself a great favour if you were to house it in a anything other than a little bowl :nod:

looks like my little rayne when i first get her. she is a cutie and i am sure you will love her as much as love my little girl.

girl. and fill the water up more at least. if you are worried about her jumping out put some plastic wrap over the top and poke a few holes in it.

My gf only filled that much up because of fear of jumping, and I went over there and changed the water and filled it up for her... I took some screen door material and affixed it to the top... and filled the tank up.

But seriously y'all... we live in Florida. (see that little note next to every post I make under my user name?) That means it's warm here. That means the water is warm. Both our tanks have thermometers in them. I have kept and bred Oscars and Red Devils for years, and I currently still have a 120 gallon tank with a red devil named p**sy (former roommate named it) - I know how to keep fish.

You people do realize where these fish live in the wild, correct? Crappy, little, tiny, minuscule holes, generally in rice marshes. This is a freakin' mansion for these guys! Most of you know - the only reason they evolved into the smaller fins they have is, along with saving energy, to move around in confined environments!

Also, you wanna know what else I (and most everyone else here) provides these fish? An environment free of parasites, bacterial infections, predators, and the like. Basically giving these little guys (and girls) a much healthier, happier life than they would conceivably get in the wild.

Let's see... what else do I do. I have in the recent past bred a number of colubrids (rat snakes, corn snakes, and king snakes.) I currently own a female Green Tree Python, who has been mated and whose eggs will be hatching any day now. Ever tried to get a Green Tree Python baby to eat something that you defrosted from the freezer? Not an easy job by any means.

So yes, I do appreciate the answer to the question I asked - is it a female. Thank you squiremaster, sailor, and azuel. It is appreciated.

The rest of you, don't just assume we're all idiots before going and jumping on the PETA bandwagon.

PETA... yum.... People Eating Tasty Animals :D

My gf only filled that much up because of fear of jumping, and I went over there and changed the water and filled it up for her... I took some screen door material and affixed it to the top... and filled the tank up.

But seriously y'all... we live in Florida. (see that little note next to every post I make under my user name?) That means it's warm here. That means the water is warm. Both our tanks have thermometers in them. I have kept and bred Oscars and Red Devils for years, and I currently still have a 120 gallon tank with a red devil named p**sy (former roommate named it) - I know how to keep fish.

You people do realize where these fish live in the wild, correct? Crappy, little, tiny, minuscule holes, generally in rice marshes. This is a freakin' mansion for these guys! Most of you know - the only reason they evolved into the smaller fins they have is, along with saving energy, to move around in confined environments!

Also, you wanna know what else I (and most everyone else here) provides these fish? An environment free of parasites, bacterial infections, predators, and the like. Basically giving these little guys (and girls) a much healthier, happier life than they would conceivably get in the wild.

Let's see... what else do I do. I have in the recent past bred a number of colubrids (rat snakes, corn snakes, and king snakes.) I currently own a female Green Tree Python, who has been mated and whose eggs will be hatching any day now. Ever tried to get a Green Tree Python baby to eat something that you defrosted from the freezer? Not an easy job by any means.

So yes, I do appreciate the answer to the question I asked - is it a female. Thank you squiremaster, sailor, and azuel. It is appreciated.

The rest of you, don't just assume we're all idiots before going and jumping on the PETA bandwagon.

PETA... yum.... People Eating Tasty Animals :D

I live in California...its warm here too. Yet I still need a heater to keep my sweet boys at a constant 78 degrees

Oscars and snakes arent bettas. My Thamnophis Sirtalis Sirtalis is properly housed and heated...and so are my bettas

Dude... can you read? I keep thermometers in the tank. One is currently (at 12:15am) at 79.8 degrees. My girlfriends (i'm on the phone with her) is at 81.2 degrees.

Dude... can you read? I keep thermometers in the tank. One is currently (at 12:15am) at 79.8 degrees. My girlfriends (i'm on the phone with her) is at 81.2 degrees.

Dude bro! Yes, I can read. I guess you missed my point ;)

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue on a forum. Just think about an actual tank for your little one. I'm sure she'd appreciate it :)

No, I got your point, but I am from California... and while all of Florida is rather warm during 85% of the year, So Cal is rather warm, yet where I grew up just inland of Santa Cruz it got rather chilly, and then you have the mountains which never get too warm even in the summer, and then far northern cali which is also rarely warm. So yeah... I got your point... just didn't make much sense to me.

No, I got your point, but I am from California... and while all of Florida is rather warm during 85% of the year, So Cal is rather warm, yet where I grew up just inland of Santa Cruz it got rather chilly, and then you have the mountains which never get too warm even in the summer, and then far northern cali which is also rarely warm. So yeah... I got your point... just didn't make much sense to me.

Just said I wasnt going to argue :)

Please try to bait someone else. Thanks. Or continue to ramble for no reason. Whichever suits you :)

Taken from our website.

Contrary to what many people think, Bettas do not live in muddy, small puddles all the time. It is only in the drought season that they can be found in these puddles and for most of the year they live in waist deep water. Bettas thrive in planted waters, where they can hide and rest in the roots of trees from the water banks, in reeds and under fallen leaves. This environment provides a good source of natural foods, idea places to breed and only a small current. Therefore we recommend that they be kept in a minimum of 2-3 gallons and do NOT condone them being kept in any type of bowl or ornamental vase.

Keeping snakes really has no relevance to keeping Bettas in the correct conditions that are beneficial to the fish.

You can keep fish in anything and they will live, but there is a distinct difference between living and thriving. These fish need to be kept at constant stable temps. to thrive which environmental temps can't normally provide.

dude lol

Most reactions

Back