Male Guppy Losing tailfin

Zorak

Reaction score
My male guppy's tail fin keeps getting smaller and smaller, he is acting fine and his color and body look normal aside from his tail which looks like someone might have nipped off his fin. I am new to guppies so i am not very familiar with their problems.
i have him in a 25tall with 3other males and 9females, my water is perfect.

What does this sound like? other guppies nipping? Should i quarintine him? :dunno:

Its either the other males or finrot. Or a strong filter sucking in the tail. Yep, I'd put him in QT for now with a bit of salt and clean water, see what happens.

OohFeeshy said:
Its either the other males or finrot. Or a strong filter sucking in the tail. Yep, I'd put him in QT for now with a bit of salt and clean water, see what happens.
is fin rot accompanied by a discoloration on the fin?

Sometimes at the ends, but it can be hard to spot. Have you noticed any of the others attacking him? And does it seem shorter in the morning (indicating he is being nipped at night)

yeah it is shorter each morning... Also my males seem to do a bit of chasing. I think i just saw him get nipped too. What should i do with him? I have something that will eat him in my hospital tank, and i need my fry net for a female. He is the only male that has another male just like him. What i wanna know is will they eventually kill him? I guess haviing a stressed out beat up male will probobly make my tank more succeptable to sickness. Should i just feed him to a cichlid?

Most reactions

Back