Male Betta And Female Guppies

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Feesh!

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to my LFS and got three female guppies today on recommendation from a compatibility chart online - LFS staff also thought it would be fine. Two have small tails one slightly larger.

They have now been in the tank for about an hour, Lancelot the male CT betta I have in with them has showed a little- but not alot of interest. He chased one for a second and forcibly removed them from his cave. Since then he's been more interested in me or flaring at his own reflection.

Do you think I'm going to be alright or is he likely to slaughter them all!!!? If the killing spree doesn't happen as slightly expected after reading this forum are they going to nip him? SO far they have stayed at the opposite end of the tank. They are sharing a filtered heated and live planted 5 US gal tank.

If everyone foresees death or destruction for either I have a 16 US gal community tropical tank that the guppies can be moved to, so no massive drama. Or a 5 US gal tank with 1 female Betta? If the guppies need to be moved can someone advise where would be best for them.

(My community tank has 1 honey gourami (male) 3 Black widow Tetra, 3 head and tail light tetra, 1 pleco, 3 golden white cloud minnow and 1 shrimp!)

Thanks,

Laura

Really quick update, just went to check them again to find Lancelot chasing them around the tank, flaring and nipping like mad!! Now the mammoth and seemingly impossible task of catching the guppies!!

Most reactions

Back