Malawi's In Slim 100l Wall Tank

stevo88

Reaction score
hi there,

previously kept malawis in my 6ft 600L tank but have changed to a smaller wall tank (1800mm x 900mm x 130mm) approx 100L to make some room in the lounge.

took my medium sized malawis to a local shop and swapped for baby malawis (3cm approx). got around 30 in there (Labidochromis Caeruleus, Melanochromis Auratus, Albino, some orange and some blue striped which i dont know the names) along with 2 baby plecs, 2 baby catfish, 2 baby clown loaches.

now with the tank being only 1300mm front to back i understand the fish will outgrow the tank in a couple of years but how will the tank dimentions affect there growth and behaviour, would it be a good idea to put some more in there and overstock it?

upto now there absolutley fine and tbh my old tank was overstocked and had no problems at all.

i only like the bright blue, reds, yellow orange or striped etc, any fish within this preference that are less territorial?

any input much appreciated.

thanks.

well the tank is too small 100lts
my cobalt blues in 6 months are 3 to 4" and ive a 270lts setup
the labs will get 5 to 6"
the Melanochromis Auratus 5"
some orange and some blue striped 4 to 8"
plecs lol
catfish what type? probably should not be in there anyway
clown loaches up to 16" and should not be in there

would it be a good idea to put some more in there and overstock it?
NO
any fish within this preference that are less territorial? NO

any input much appreciated You asked sorry if you dont like it.....

what do you intend to do in 6 months when they can not swim in the tank?

as soon as they outgrow the tank they will be taken back to the shop to be swapped for babies again...thought i mentioned that sorry. i believe once they reach 3-4" they will be too big for tank depth. gonna c how it go and how quick they grown in that tank if there outgrowing it pretty quickish im gonna have to go to normal tropical :(

Please don't buy them if you're just going to take them back to the shop when they grow! It's not fair on them... :sad:

Here's an idea.......why don't you do some research and find some fish that will be happy in your tank instead of buying babies and taking them back when they have out grown the tank....and then swapping for more babies????

That doesn't seem very responsible to me and you're not putting the best interests of the fish first.

Most reactions

Back