Malawi Tanks.

I have seen some tanks where people used polystyrene backgrounds that they had made themselves, they cut out shapes to stick onto it to make caves and nooks then covered it all over with sand mixed with concrete and colourant (i recall that it was either aquarium friendly in the first place or soaked to remove any contaminants first). Looked very effective. And of course, for a small mortgage you can buy something similar lol.

The plants are silk ones, I`m not a great fan of any plants in a Malawi setup but I won`t use plastic ones as I personally think they look really awful. I only put those in the tank because I was hoping to cover up the weir a bit :look:

I was contemplating fitting one of the Pangea backgrounds but I`ve heard of too many people having problems with them so opted for the double sided laminated background instead :)

IMG_0014.jpg

wow, your fish are stunning! Why bother with marine.....

IMGP6544.jpg

add a plain black background, and some plastic plants with contrasting colours, then let the rock naturally green up a bit.

Now that, is nice :D Cobble stones? Exactly what i had in mind for a scape when i get around to a new tank :D

IMGP6544.jpg

add a plain black background, and some plastic plants with contrasting colours, then let the rock naturally green up a bit.
I really really like how that looks, what kind of rock did you use?

DSCF7935-1.jpg

my fave six footer at the moment used rocks from the garden

mixedmalawi.jpg

My corner tank with ocean rock pile. I love all the tanks pictured in this thread, well done all.

Most reactions

Back