making my own

who reckons i could make my own tank?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i do

• Total voters
I had a tank that leaked just a little, I found by checking on the ground around that tank, so it would be best if u let it sit on concrete so you can see water if it leaks

thanks ppl, i was going to roll it in with my design as i said and i thought of getting an old tv and gutting it out to put a tank inside.. fish tank tv lol. its been done before so i dont mind sharing the idea.
Thanks for your support ppl.

anyone got an old tv lol :D :p

remember that silicon takes 72hrs to fully cure before adding water.

HEY has anyone got any ideas of what i could turn into a fish tank... not too big obviously but i need some ideas for design....

you know like the tv fish tank and lamp fish tank ive seen

ANY others spontainious ideas ???
it would help... just anything.....
could be the first thing that pops to your head :)

If you are doing it just to save money then it probably won't....I looked at building my own 75gal tank....went to several glass places and priced the glass....anywhere from $300-$500AUD....I ended up buying the 75 gal for $150 including lids!!!

If you want to do it for a challenge then great....good luck!!

no no no no no, im going to make it for my design class of resistant materials....
i want to make a kinda wacky fish tank.

can any think of any objects i could convert into one?

noooooooo i cant access it through school....
what i meant by ideas was ones that you guys could think of to help like say a computer screen.... everyday objects you see

Theres the old Mac computers, been done, just google for "macquarium instructions" and theres plenty of detail that you could plagerise ;) ahem I mean take inspiration from :D But I think computer monitors are a bit too small to be a useful tank.

How about an old car from a junk yard? though I think that's been done.

What about using an old fridge? Take the door off, fit a tank inside, use the door to make a cover, the fridge will be good insulation and is a waterproof housing. Smae really applies to old cookers, microwaves, washing machines or tumble dryers

I actually think that the Old TV is the best one. You could get an old one from a local tv repair place, they very often keep them to get parts off and would maybe let you have an old one for nothing to clear some space.

Arfie

Just make sure you get a nice big TV, like 24" or bigger. otherwise you wont have much space to install the tank.

Ben

how about a chest of drawers or a sideboard, both would give you a good framework to star with. Make sure they are "propper" wood and not chipboard or mdf units.

thanks ppl, ive seen the car been done and stuff but i think ill stick with a non-fishy idea for my project.
canarsie im only going to do it because it will be a challenge and that i can be proud of my work and what would be achieved. In the end after all...
money ISN'T everything :)

but eventhough im going to so a different project, i will also take it apon myself to go find something like an old tv or something and convert that into a tank.
As well as taking pictures to show the progress....
Its again not the money im not going for, its the experience, the challenge and the overwelming feeling afterwards of being able to make something special yourself. Instead of buying it from the shop.
Get it now canarsie :p

Thanks you guys and paul.. i think ill use the idea of the sideboard or cabinet in the future because right now... i do have the space. :D

Most reactions

Back