Maidenhead Aquatics............

scubadoo, Where is the World of water store ????

Its at Blooms Garden centre (used to be known as Jardiniere) near St Mellons on the old A48 Cardiff-Newport road. Its nowhere near as big as the MA shop, but they do sometimes have a nice selection of fish and I've found that their prices are a bit more competitive - particularly on invertibrates. I got some more amano shrimp a couple of weeks ago at £5 for 3.

Maidenhead Aquatics also have another branch at a garden centre in Wenvoe but I haven't been there - its supposed to be smaller than the one at Pugh's.

Hi,
I also use the Cradiff MA, At the moment they are setting up a new 10½ft x 10½ft x3ft Tank and stocking it with leopard sharks biggest tank in the country so they say.

scubadoo, Where is the World of water store ????

All The Best
Eds

Wow wee Eds hope we get to see some pics :) Where abouts in Wales are you from ? My mum and dad are in Porthcawl.

Im In the Rhondda, 20 miles from porthcawl. I was in MA Cardiff today i should have taken my camera. Never mind ill be back there in a day or two ill get one or two pics if i can.

Take a trip to world of water tomorrow, give the staff at MA a break from me :lol:

All the Best
Eds

Maidenhead Aquatics also have another branch at a garden centre in Wenvoe but I haven't been there - its supposed to be smaller than the one at Pugh's.

That's the one I was referring to in my post as my local. I prefer it to Cardiff... not as big a selection, but an interesting one and the staff are good.

I'll have to pay World of Water a visit. Do they stock any African cichlids or is just more standard community fare?

Just looked at this post (been away a few days) G;ad to see it wasnt just me that thought MA was in MAidenhead :D

Its only because there first shop opened in maidenhead surprisingly... :D

Ive just had a think about this and ive got 5 of these in a radius of about 7 miles of me
and im near heathrow airport.

I've just found out there's a fish superstore large enough that it was advertised in TFH (the magazine) to people across the world! I've been begging my mom to bring me there for days (no, I'm not one of those nerds that lives with their parent through their 20's, I'm 12).

That's the one I was referring to in my post as my local. I prefer it to Cardiff... not as big a selection, but an interesting one and the staff are good.

I'll have to pay World of Water a visit. Do they stock any African cichlids or is just more standard community fare?

Pretty much your standard community fish selection, but they do get the odd thing in thats different to MA. They will order specials in for you too - at the very least it gives MA some competition in terms of cost. They have a small but quite nice selection of marine inhabitants too including some nice fancy shrimp last time I was there.

After reading this post, I had to go and double-check one of my LFS which I thought was a MA. It is. And it isn't that great. The MA in question is in Hillingdon/Uxbridge and both 2 days ago and yesterday had dead fish in the tanks. They also had a guppy tank with a crayfish at the bottom (needless to say, the guppies where half-shredded... the store clerk said that "as there were so many guppies, the crayfish couldn't catch them"). There was an eel in a gravel-bototmed tank.

I'm assuming this is just the case with the hillingdon MA... I hope?

Nearest to me is about a 2 mins drive away!!
(Havant).
Use them quite allot, but they are expensive. However,
their quality is far better than any others LFS around here
(except Emsworth Aquatics maybe....)

The Havant branch have the biggest, and most wonderful marine tank I have ever seen

:drool:

Andy

im lucky enough to live near a maiden head aquatics branch and its really good. They are always helpful and tell me the truth when it comes to live fish. Also they have ggod prices and i know that if i had a problem they'd help. I think i might aply for a saturday job there -_-

the thing you have to watch with some is if your buying equipment or a tank they will pressure you into getting better but they seem to of given up on me :p but they seem to know more about the fish they keep than other fish shops
*cough* pets at home

Closest one to me is in Bridgeford, where I did my work experiance. They had some kind of scoring systems between the 80 stores, and the charts indicated that for customer satisfaction, fish selection, and hygiene, overall that particular store was 3rd, out of all 80.

I think I'm situated in quite a good area. ;)

Most reactions

Back