M.lacustris

JDs4me

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just wanted to show off my new arrivals - beautiful fish with striking display stripe on the males...

Nice to see something a little less common. Thanks for sharing!

thanks, very pleased with these, now settled down a little and mixing well with the Ilyodons...they, along with the panchax, are voracious feeders; I have to add enough in one hit to get some of the food to the catfish on the bottom! they have good colour now, and supposedly improve as they mature. Frankly surprised they are not more popular..

I loved mine. My favorite fish of all time. Their colors do improve with age, and you might notice that at different times of day as well. They tend to flash more in the early morning and have the best color early in the morning, but all day after a water change you get to watch a breeding show :)

I loved mine. My favorite fish of all time. Their colors do improve with age, and you might notice that at different times of day as well. They tend to flash more in the early morning and have the best color early in the morning, but all day after a water change you get to watch a breeding show :)

I look forward to that this weekend then! I've noticed that against bigger fish they light up and charge; with smaller fish they move under and behind and try to 'shoe' them out of the way with a rapid body-shaking motion...but up against the hoplo's and cats, as hard as they try, they are totally ignored! Great fun to watch them. I wonder if a smaller tank than mine would stress other inhabitants out; one male chases a foot out from the left, another a foot out from the right...safer to reside in the middle two feet I think!

Most reactions

Back