Lungfish

lungfish said:
ferrikins said:
some arsome fish, I hope the feeder fish are died, as it illigal to feed live vertabrates in the UK.

I did hear at some point they there where, supose to be illigal to sell now due to not many numbers in the wild, but my LFS has has a couple since I heard so must not have heard right.

I wish I had a house, let alone tank big anothe, oh yeah and the monet for that big guy.
suzie should he or she be saleing a life fish on ebay me think not
Fish are fine on E-bay, I have my eye on a Pl*co at the moment.

But to be honest this does'nt help ya fish does it Ian.

ferrikins said:
lungfish said:
ferrikins said:
some arsome fish, I hope the feeder fish are died, as it illigal to feed live vertabrates in the UK.

I did hear at some point they there where, supose to be illigal to sell now due to not many numbers in the wild, but my LFS has has a couple since I heard so must not have heard right.

I wish I had a house, let alone tank big anothe, oh yeah and the monet for that big guy.
suzie should he or she be saleing a life fish on ebay me think not
Fish are fine on E-bay, I have my eye on a Pl*co at the moment.

But to be honest this does'nt help ya fish does it Ian.
my or his fish or both fish which go to shop are not done my the post office
:eek: :thumbs:

I ment that talking about weather or not this fish is supose to be on e-bay or not. Wil not help your fish, but some more info on your fish will. :dunno:

Yep, it's definetly an African, looks the most like an Annectens, but the Africans can be hard to tell apart. If it is what I think it is (and I'm pretty sure that it is) then you can keep it in the tank that it's in for it's entire life. You've got a very chubby and healthy looking lungfish, there Ian, and very good looking ferrets and bearded dragons, too. :kewlpics:

Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Yep, it's definetly an African, looks the most like an Annectens, but the Africans can be hard to tell apart. If it is what I think it is (and I'm pretty sure that it is) then you can keep it in the tank that it's in for it's entire life. You've got a very chubby and healthy looking lungfish, there Ian, and very good looking ferrets and bearded dragons, too. :kewlpics:
thank u Black_Ghost_Guy i am hope to take a better pic soon .

here the other test nirite was 4.0 now 0

broad range was <6.7 now <7.0

general hardness was 80% now 38%

be told to do other 3 water chage

here a list of wot my lungfish as eated and try to eat one electric catfish and goldfish
and one smalles catfish and other food for fish and try to eat 3 heats and one heat was turn on . :whistle: :no: :nod:

Yeah, they'll eat just about anything when they're larger... I've heard of a guy that fed his canned dogfood! Let's see... I would guess that an ideal pic for identification would be one of it's tail, that's where most African lungfish seem to display color patterns, so that would probably be the easiest way to identify them. Thanks for joining Ian,
Black_Ghost_Guy

Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Yeah, they'll eat just about anything when they're larger... I've heard of a guy that fed his canned dogfood! Let's see... I would guess that an ideal pic for identification would be one of it's tail, that's where most African lungfish seem to display color patterns, so that would probably be the easiest way to identify them. Thanks for joining Ian,
Black_Ghost_Guy
i try take a pic on mon or tue of the lungfish thank again

lungfish said:
Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Black_Ghost_Guy
could u tell me wot food best to feed to a lungfish as i be told i am bad for feed tham gold fish i have try dry food but i thinlk life fish is better .

Well, depending on it's size, it could be frozen blood worms. brine shrimp, tubifex, mysis shrimp, or other frozen invertebrets if it's small, or if it's larger, live nightcrawlers, raw shrimp from the supermarket, frozen kril, or frozen lancefish (or silversides), but it is always good to occasionally feed them live fish, because it stimulates their mind, and gives them something to focus on. The main problem that most people have with feeder fish is that they can carry parasites, and that they have low nutritional value, so it's good feed other things besides live fish, though like I said, they should have them every once in awhile (I'd say about once every week or two).
Hope this helps, if you need anymore help, let me know,
BGG

Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Well, depending on it's size, it could be frozen blood worms. brine shrimp, tubifex, mysis shrimp, or other frozen invertebrets if it's small, or if it's larger, live nightcrawlers, raw shrimp from the supermarket, frozen kril, or frozen lancefish (or silversides), but it is always good to occasionally feed them live fish, because it stimulates their mind, and gives them something to focus on. The main problem that most people have with feeder fish is that they can carry parasites, and that they have low nutritional value, so it's good feed other things besides live fish, though like I said, they should have them every once in awhile (I'd say about once every week or two).
Hope this helps, if you need anymore help, let me know,
BGG
thank u

lungfish said:
Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Black_Ghost_Guy
if u goto to is site u will see back end of lungfish is my ferret group on m s n
http://groups.msn.com/IANSFERRETGROUP/gene...&ID_Message=287

the pic eill only be they for about 3/4day than it be del it
hope everyone well

Black_Ghost_Guy said:
Yep, it's an annectens. Should be fine in your tank for life.
thank u Black_Ghost_Guy let u all know about the other test is soon
:kewlpics:

Most reactions

Back