Love Is In The Water

nork

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello folks, it's been a while.

Just a quick followup, my tank variables have been level for quite some time. The fish are happy and healthy and my bumblebees have been growing like crazy.

I took a video of my male trying to entice the female into starting a family and I think it's worked. She now has something in her mouth, her lower "jaw" is bigger than normal, but it's hard to see inside her mouth. I did notice her picking up what I assume was semen right out from underneath the male earlier today.

My question is this. What do I do now?

I do not have a separate, smaller tank for the fry.

I understand the first time isn't usually successful, and even then, maybe a couple fish survive.

I would like to witness the entire cycle, I would like to have another couple of fish in my tank, as it's still slightly under-stocked due to the initial few fish dying off when their environment went haywire.

So with having these fish in a 60 gallon tank, what can I do to ensure the survival of at least a couple fry? Anything?

I've read up on cichlid breeding, but what I keep finding focuses more on how to get your fish to breed, rather than what to do after they eggs have been fertilized.

I took a video of my male trying to entice the female into starting a family and I think it's worked. She now has something in her mouth, her lower "jaw" is bigger than normal, but it's hard to see inside her mouth. I did notice her picking up what I assume was semen right out from underneath the male earlier today.

I laughed hard, it sounded like some other act. A mixture of acts, however as this is a family forum I will avoid touching the birds and bees topic.

Lovely looking fish though!

Thanks! My male bumblebee has been the pride and joy of my tank. He's huge in comparison to all the others, and they were all about the same size when I brought them home. He's got beautiful, healthy fins, he's never boring to watch, changes colors from looking just like the female does in that video to being 80% or more solid black.

Ha, I tried to make it as clean as possible, though I snickered at some of my own censorship.

Ha, I am just as confused by his spammy, nonsensical comment as the rest of yas, I just had to BS him a bit.

Ha, I am just as confused by his spammy, nonsensical comment as the rest of yas, I just had to BS him a bit.

:blink: What just happened here?

I don't see the actual poster just the fact you quoted him. Did the post get removed or something? Or am I going blind from... too much... flourish excel in my eye. :shifty:

It appears that it was removed, he was probably banned as well.

The person only had 1 post count, and that post was whatever it was he put in this thread.

So does anybody have any suggestions on what I need to be doing with my possibly soon-to-be parents?

Edit - btw, your av is hilarious.

It appears that it was removed, he was probably banned as well.

The person only had 1 post count, and that post was whatever it was he put in this thread.

So does anybody have any suggestions on what I need to be doing with my possibly soon-to-be parents?

Edit - btw, your av is hilarious.

I removed his jargon and all other posts which quoted him as well.... And you're right... obviously he's banned as well... Now you can carry on with your topic.

Most reactions

Back