Lot Tech Tank

Jamie87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I want to set up a planted tank. I guess since it's my first..and i'm not in the position to be spending lots of money..I figured i'd go with a low tech planted tank.

I know I want to have a lot of bottom fish..like a school of cories and maybe a repheal cat fish.
and I heard that the flourite isn't the best for em.
I would like sand..but don't think i'm ready to deal with trying to use the laterite stuff.

Would plants do okay with just sand?

And what plants are low light plants??

You can have undemanding plants in sand just fine, but I would add that most will do a lot better if you add something. Don't be afraid of laterite is the easiest of all the plant substrates to use.

There is a link in my sig to low light plants by Llj.

Sam

Other thing i'm worrying bout is the lighting. I'm gonna have to go out and buy one of the strip lights that have 3 places for a bulb..aren't I? Cause those are like..another 100 right there.

Other thing i'm worrying bout is the lighting. I'm gonna have to go out and buy one of the strip lights that have 3 places for a bulb..aren't I? Cause those are like..another 100 right there.

How big is this tank?

By strip light... Do you mean a over-head luminaire? And if that is what you mean then the answer is "No"... You will not...

How big is this tank?

By strip light... Do you mean a over-head luminaire? And if that is what you mean then the answer is "No"... You will not...

It's a 56gal tall.. kinda like a square..just maybe a little taller then wide.

And No I mean a strip light that has 3 places to put a uv light.

Most reactions

Back