Lost A Couple Of Fish Lately Please Read

mrtash

Reaction score
Hi,
My tank is 6 months old now and has been running perfectly well, all my readings are good, Nirtate 0pm, Amonia 0pm, Nitrite 0pm. We have been on hol, for a week and while we were away, the children fed the fish, they are 20 and 21 years old so were given good instructions. The tank is a 300lite Jewel Corner unit and has well adequate external filtration. The temperature is normally a rock steady 23 but has crept up to 27.

The tank has the following fish left in it, 5 red eye tetra, 4 silver sharks, 2 silver dollars, 2 salefin mollies, 7 mollies, 4 tiger barbs, 2 male guppies, 1 plec (died this morning) 2 plattys, 7 neon tetras, we have had all these fish quite a while and have built them up over the months.

Yesterday a tiger barb died, there appeared to be no obvious sighns of ilness, theday before a molly died, again no obvious sighn of ill health, most upsetting was my pleck dieing in the night, he normally comes out at night about half hour after lights out, i saw him 2 days ago and thought he looked welll good, but this morning he was on the bottom of the tank, again no obvious sighns of ill health.

I,m a little concerned about the recent spate of dead fish, is it the raise in temperature that is my problem, i have done 25 percent water change. The only other clue i can give is my plants don't seem to be doing so well, i have changed 3 yesterday, but they need to get established, the others were badly eaten over the last couple of days

Dont think it matters too much but is your tank heavily planted? if not I'm surprised that you have a read of 0ppm for nitrates.

I had a similar prob to yours the other week, I lost 4 fish in 4 days, 1 each day. No signs of illness or disease. I thought it may be due to temperature as during the week when it was hot my tank was creeping up to 31C.

Andy

I had a similar prob to yours the other week, I lost 4 fish in 4 days, 1 each day. No signs of illness or disease. I thought it may be due to temperature as during the week when it was hot my tank was creeping up to 31C.

Andy

We also lost a couple of fish in the week.
We noticed the heat was the only thing which could of caused it.

Dont think it matters too much but is your tank heavily planted? if not I'm surprised that you have a read of 0ppm for nitrates.

Andy
yeah i,m fairly heavily planted, i think you could be right about the temp. we all know how hot it is in the uk recently, no more today, shame about my plec though i was quite attached to him, was looking forward to seeing how big io could get him, will perhaps treat myself to another, Going to monitor all my reading etc for the next week or so, Thanks for the reply

Most reactions

Back