Losing All My Fish!

ukrdon2006

Reaction score
Over the past week we have encountered some kind of body fungus.  We had a bout with Ich about a year ago and it seemed similar.  One of our fish encountered this fungus, so in prevention we started to treat the whole tank, seeing even single spots on several fish.  The fungus looks like ich, except it has some white almost cotton like strands that go along with it.  I have also seen it in patches on their bodies.  It also affects the eyes too.  Looks like it almost covers the eye with a cotton like fungus.  
We have lost almost our whole tank.  I need to know what this may be.  I have started treating with both maracyn and maracyn 2 to cover both gram + and -.  I also am treating with pimafix almost as a last resort.  
Right away when we noticed the "icy" like fungus, we started to raise the temp and added some salt. Seems like we may have messed up in the diagnosis.  This acts fast.  The fish have no signs and then several hours later they have it and then a couple more hours and they are gone.  I have a feelig we are going to lose the entire tank and that would suck!  We lost several rummy nose, a clown loach, a cory cat, a larger tetra, two swordtails, a bumble bee tetra and more.  This all happened this week alone.  What a terrible disease they have.  Not sure what caused it.  Our water parameters are all good.  We did around a 35% water change, and I have changed out around 10 gallons or so over the last day or so.

PLEASE HELP!!!  Not sure if we will even be able to help.

P.S.  At the present moment we only have a few rummys left, a few neon tetras, some bumble bee tetras, some scissor tails and our one clown loach that we have had for like 2 years (we dont want to lose him! : (...  )

Photos of the infections if possible?

Not home at the moment, but will try to upload as soon as I get home...

came home to a dead clown loach : (...  we also lost several rummys and a danio we had.  Have a feeling that posting pictures is not going to help at this point.  Whatever my tank got it ruined our entire tank in a week.  We did not introduce any new fish.  Rather my wife and I think it may have something to do with some mysis shrimp we gave them.   They did not like it and it sat at the bottom for a little bit.  After that is when they started to get really bad.  is this a possibility?  If so I am going after the company big time!

without more info or pictures its hard to say, you dont say what your water stats are or the size of your tank or tank mates? most diseases like ich and fin rot are the result of poor water quality, is there a chance something accidently contaminated ther water, air freshners perfumes ect? you say you added salt, can i  mention  that corys are not salt tolerant

I've had a few fish react to food but it isn't anything outward like fungus. It has been more sick or lethargic behavior and sometimes flashing.

Phoenix, I know corys are sensitive to salt, therefore we did not put too much in there.  We treated for ich once about a year ago using salt, and so at the first sight of the disease we added a little salt.(hardly any).  The tank mates are listed above in the P.S.  the tank size is 60 gallons.  In any event, we have lost all fish besides a few tetras and rummynose.   a very sad event, very sad.  It really sucks that we lost all our fish in about a week.  : (

Most reactions

Back