Looking Lonely

XPANDA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, i have a 20 gallon tank with a fluval 2 filter. My current stocking is: 1 golden panchax, 1 plec, 4 cories(2 albino and 2 peppered) 4 golden barbs and 3 cardinal tetras. Ive had the tetras for ages and the numbers have dwindled over time. Do you think i can add some more because they look lonely? but i dont want to overstock though.

thanks

Tim

I'm very surprised you have any cardinals left tbh, Golden Panchax are highly predatory and will usually pick off smaller tetras,
If you do up the numbers make sure the cardinals are big or they will disappear overnight

its a gibbiceps plec, about 3 inches long and doesnt seem to be growing anymore. the golden panchax has eaten 3 endlers in the past but hasnt gone for the tetras, i think he is relatively peaceful, big mouth though! how does 5 more cardinals sound?

thanks btw

its a gibbiceps plec, about 3 inches long and doesnt seem to be growing anymore. the golden panchax has eaten 3 endlers in the past but hasnt gone for the tetras, i think he is relatively peaceful, big mouth though! how does 5 more cardinals sound?

thanks btw

tbh a gibbiceps in a 20G sounds cruel, This species is fully capable of reaching 2 feet in length so it is quite obvious that the fish is having its growth stunted.

provided the cardinals are big they should be ok, if not they Will literally swim out of the bag and into the Panchax

Most reactions

Back