Looking for an external filter

Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok Ive been looking for an external filter for some time now, but can't decide which one :sly:

I quite fancy a Eheim Professional 2324 Thermofilter, but are a little out of my price range :( So what do you guys recommend for about £50-60. Would be willing to push my budget for one with gadgets :D

Hi

I am using an Eheim Professional ll 2026 on my 240L tank it is 100 times better than the internal filter that came with the tank and it keeps it so clean. It is so quite and easy to clean. It is for tanks upto 350liters you can get it for about £104 on the net they are said to be one of the best hope this helps

Thanks homer..... just looked on ebay, do you know anything about these -

A PENN PLAX CASCADE 700 (could get it for about £75)

or a

AquaPro 4 (not sure how much that is)

The Eheim Classic canisters are cheaper then the Pro series. I have almost all classics. The Ecco range are down market, cheaper, and they look and feel it too.

Thanks for the replies, but do you know what the real difference in the other brands are? like Rena, Fluval or interpet.

Is there a significant difference in filtration quality?

Just keeping my eye on a Eheim Professional Wet/Dry 2227 Filter on ebay currently at £64 + £10 P&P but it has 4 days to go! What do you think?

The difference in actual filtration quality is not noticable, and Fluvals are absolutely fine for the cost of them. What is noticable is the quality difference between them. A pontiac will get you from point A to point B just as surely and quickly as and Audi, but the reasons for price difference are immediately obvious as soon as you sit down behind the wheel.

Classic cannister Eheims all the way!

www.aquatics-online.co.uk is a pretty good website.

Most reactions

Back