Looking For A Specific Type Of Fish

adgo

Reaction score
Is there a type of fish that grows to about 4-5" and does not need to be in a school (can be ok by itself)? I figured probably some kind of cichlid but I was wondering if there were any barbs or tetras like this. I don't think too many tetras would be since most like to be in schools

the only barb I can think of that is ok on it's own would be a Puntius sachsii gold barb
however like most cyprinids you will get a better colouration and interaction having a group of them.

Colisa lalia dwarf gourami, do well on their own or in pairs and come in quite a few colour morphs
or you could go for a single Trichogaster leeri pearl gourami.

would you put this fish in either of the two tanks listed in your signature?

That was precisely the thought that was worrying me. The 10 gallon, you'd really be looking at a much smaller fish- and the exodon tank I would leave well alone.

its not going in either i was just curious because at one point i was thinking about how most all barbs and tetras like to be in groups. the reason i say 4-5" was just because if i ever got one that was around the size id get

its not going in either i was just curious because at one point i was thinking about how most all barbs and tetras like to be in groups. the reason i say 4-5" was just because if i ever got one that was around the size id get

I see. Well, if I was looking at a 20 gallon tank, I would go for a thick-lipped gourami as a nice feature fish, hardier than the dwarf, but very attractive. Can't really think of a barb or tetra that would be happy on its own like that.

I see. Well, if I was looking at a 20 gallon tank, I would go for a thick-lipped gourami as a nice feature fish, hardier than the dwarf, but very attractive. Can't really think of a barb or tetra that would be happy on its own like that.

that's what i figured...thanks for the help :good:

Most reactions

Back