Looking For A Pair Of Bristlenose Plecos

srem

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get a pair of bristlenose plecos, one male one female. Whats the best way of doing this?!
Does anyone know what Lxxx number I should be looking for?

Cheers,
S

Common bristle nose plecs dont have an L number. there are several on ebay even some breeding pairs at the moment or most good fish stores will stock them

Where are you?

I have a male and female I would consider selling if you are local to Bury, Manchester and could collect.

im in liverpool so yes would consider picking up from near manchester.
how old/big are they please?
cheers,
S

Hi, they are both young adults, about 3.5" if you are interested please email me [email protected] and we can see if we can sort something out.

Cheers J

Most LFS should stock both boys and girls. Ours has them in sperate tanks so it is easy to tell the difference between the sexes. It can be hard when they are small though because it sometimes takes a while for the boys to develope the big male bristoles.

Andy's Aquatics in New Ferry Wirral has some decent ones in at the moment. I bought a male and female a couple of weeks ago and the male is about 3-4 inches with loads of bristles growing. Hopefully they will breed

Its worth a look. Alan there is a real plec enthusiast and gets loads of L numbers in.

Most reactions

Back