Chillin CAE

216455a4b9de44ad.jpg

Cumfie Cray

216455a4c1562864.jpg

Albino Cory and friend

216455a4bde4c187.jpg

A real Ghost Fish lol

216455a4c167131c.jpg

some are abstract, the blur at the top is a Pictus, anyone who has one will understand.

Great pics, especially the ghost fish. And yeah, I do understand about the pictus, we have 3 and I'm yet to get a decent picture! :)

What nice fish u have there :) I didn't know u could keep a crayfish with other fish

What nice fish u have there :) I didn't know u could keep a crayfish with other fish
Thanx!! about the fish!

lol if i only had a £ for each time i get that question. There is an old Thread called "Lobster" that goes more into the whys and wherefores, of keeping a Cray in a community. but it can be done, and is done far more than most people realise

this is not as odd as you might think, there are a fair number of fish that pop in now and then.
216455b08a37c204.jpg

the only picture i have of a pictus that is postable.
216455b08a4020dd.jpg

this is not as odd as you might think, there are a fair number of fish that pop in now and then.
216455b08a37c204.jpg

the only picture i have of a pictus that is postable.
216455b08a4020dd.jpg

Great photo, better than mine! This is the best one I've got of my Pictus.

fishtanks045.jpg

Nice fish. I would keep an eye on that crayfish.

How many of those glass catfish do you have? Remember, they do not do very well by themselves.

cool pics n fish!! think the 3rd pic down is a golden gourami not honey mate. honeys are orange. cool tank n that tho.

james B)

Nice fish. I would keep an eye on that crayfish.

How many of those glass catfish do you have? Remember, they do not do very well by themselves.
I got three, stocking is a problem for me as i bought the tank fully stocked. and it was well full then. i think i can afford to get 3 more now the Molli has died. see OMG in the emergency section. i think six would be better.

lol there is another £!!!!! :D :D i do indeed keep a close eye on her, i don't think i will ever except that it is ok. i love my fish and i love my Cray, at the first sigh of trouble she has a 180 Rio waiting. which would let me breed her. but for the time being, these are halcyon days, so we will make the best of them. seems odd to use the name of a fish eating bird, to describe good times in a fish tank. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

cool pics n fish!! think the 3rd pic down is a golden gourami not honey mate. honeys are orange. cool tank n that tho.

james B)
lol i see what you mean, its the colour of the pic i didn't correct for the water and strip lights. i have two and beleave me they are orange. ill post a pic with the correct colour balance

216455b376b35878.jpg

best i can do

How do you get so clear of a up close picture?
close to half my working life in photography. 13 years!

i brace my hands and the camera against the tank, try to predict where the fish will be when the shutter goes off, dont laugh its important :D use macro mode if you have it. flash on or off is up to you, though, unless you have a good editor, you wont make the flash pictures, look natural. get the camera with the largest MP count you can afford, editing and cropping, of or pictures, can change a average photo into a really good one. if the camera has a zoom, what is the range? 3x is really the minimum, and it can have a 20,000,000x digital zoom. and it will still be crap!!! :sick: if you use flash a bigger camera can be an advantage, if you can move the flash away from the lens, red eye can be just about eliminated, and the light is less harsh. so Bigger is Better! :nod:

Finally practice, practice, practice, learn your camera, warts and all. pictures showing flash back can sometimes produce very strange effects, what is a fault in one situation can be a winner in others.

give me a shout if i can help!

Most reactions

Back