Long White Worm?

AshleySpatula

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i went on vacation for five days, my roommate told me he would feed my fish and turn the lights on and off every day,
he can be forgetful so i dropped in one of those 3 day feeder tablets just in case.

i come back and the light is off in the middle of the day, he said he forgot just today to turn it on.

but there were tons of trumpet snails all over everything. i knew i had quite a few but not THAT many, and i rarely see them anyways because they are usually in the gravel.

i turned the light on and the all started retreating back to the gravel and now they are all out of sight... but there is quite a bit more algea than when i left...
there was barely any when i left now there is a sufficient amount, that added to the fact the mts were everywhere, i think he didnt turn the light on at all?

the thing that really bothered me though was i saw a worm, it was a little over an inch long, white and very thin. it was on the glass moving around, not on any fish, i only saw one.

my fish are all ok, eating good, looking healthy just as i left them... except the glowlight danios hid for the first half hour or so after i turned on the light, and they never hide which also leads me to believe he didnt turn the lights on...

what is that worm????

i dont think it's planaria. those seem to be more thick bodied. this worm was a little over an inch long and had a thread like body. very thin.

it was all white, and the only way i could tell the head from the tail was the direction it was moving.

any idea on what it could be??

Look for now that the fish have no sores or peice marks on there bodies.
Check the gills to see if there pale with excess mucas on them or red and inflamed.
Do you feed any live foods.
Anchor worm white but usually has a forked tail and is attached to the fish.
Not sure what type of worms it is, maybe do this thread in chat as well as more members go over there.

Remove the worm from the tank if you can and take a pic and load onto the site.

Ok thats good then.
Remove the worm and if you can take a pic of it and load it up onto the site just to make sure its a harmless worm.

well i would do that... but just like the trumpet snails, as soon as i turned the light on it retreated back to the gravel and i havent seen it since. :(

i did a little google searching and found this pic which is the closest to what i could find...
DSC01242.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

No there that many worms to learn about only know of a few.
Have you done a thread in chat about the worm.

Most reactions

Back