• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Name)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Detroit area, USA

Michiganmap.jpg

I'm from Canada, eh?

For those who don't know, here in the Great White North, "eh" is added to the end of many sentences, and has a little bit of a questioning tone. Sort of like the way Americans add "huh" to the end of sentences.
And, "eh" is pronounced like the "a" in clay.
So now you know how to spell Canada: C eh? N eh? D eh? :fun:

lol i live ehre and ive never heard the huh. my family was from canada (2 generations ago) and they always said eh.

I'm here in Canada living in an igloo with my pet beaver...no wait, polar bear! LoL. :p

lol i live ehre and ive never heard the huh. my family was from canada (2 generations ago) and they always said eh.

Now that I think of it, it's just the 'Mericans south of us who use the "huh".....you know, the ones in "Warshington"! He he!

Oh, and the people in Newfoundland aren't crazy; they're special!!!! :rolleyes: :hyper: :fun: :blink:
But we love them....even gave them a kindly nickname: Newfies! :wub:

Never met a Newfoundlander I didn"t like!

They don't use "eh" like us Mainlanders though. Instead they use "b'y" For example: "Lard Tunderin Jesus b'y!" If you ever visit there, you may be fortunate enough to be made an honourary Newfoundlander through the time honoured tradition of consuming several glasses of Screech and being invited to kiss a cod.

Most reactions

Back