Loaches near heater

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
My loaches usually are next to the heater in my tank most of the time. The heater hides them a little but they may like the warmth. Are my loaches wanting a higher temperature? (I heard they like it at 30C) Or are they just hiding?

What's the temp of your tank now?

What other fish do you have in there? Most fish won't like 86F because it's too warm and they need more oxygen than that temp provides.

thanks smb, its people like you that make this forum a forum. The temperature on my thermometer is always usually 28-29 C. And the thermometer is on the other side of the tank.

btw, the tank temp is 80 F.

Btw are clown loaches friendly to keep? I was afraid it might disturn or chase or nip other fishes in my tank...though of purchasing them though...i have 2 tanks...one of the tank consist of 10 tiger barbs, 5 rosy barbs, 8 red eyes, 4 dwaf gouramis and 7 zebra danios.....
The other has 5 leaopard danios, 15 cherry barbs, 15 neons and 8 harlequins...
Was wondering which one to put....was afaraid it may chase the smaller fishes and prey on them though..

Clown loaches are goooooooorgeous :wub: but how big are your tanks? They grow BIG and as you need to have a group of them (ideally at least 5), you need a lot of room. In captivity I think they can reach 10 inches. But if you have the room and have a stable, well established tank (loaches are scaleless so won't tolerate poor water conditions and are susceptible to things like ich), then you will love these nutty little fellas!

But will they attack smaller fishes like zebra danios or cherry barbs and noens?

Sorry forgot to say, no they will not attack other fish they are very peaceful!

My clowns like to swim side by side with my cichlids, it annoys the hell out the cichlids but the loaches never have and never will do anything more than "be clowns"!!!! :p

Most reactions

Back